Guttate Psoriasis: List of Supplements (Too Many/Others to Add?)

Posted Sat 16 Apr 2022 01.40 by Scotus0 - 29 from Salford
Seeking advice/tips for overcoming Guttate | Pso blog: GetLostGuttate

I’ve used people’s recommendations here as well as my own research to come up with a list of supplements to complement my elimination diet in an attempt to tackle my guttate psoriasis naturally. Since there’s a lot, I’ve visited a couple of pharmacies with this list (and all their ingredients) and have been assured that they’re all okay to take together. But could anyone here please recommend any more (or less!) and advise if any would ‘clash’? Thanks! NB: All sourced from Amazon Vitamin D3 (100ug/4000 IU) & K2 (100ug) Tablets | 180 | 1 per day | 4-month supply Magnesium Citrate (400mg) Capsules | 180 | 1 per day | 6-month supply Selenium (200ug) Tablets | 180 | 1 per day | 6-month supply Zinc (25mg) Tablets | 365 | 1 per day | 1 year supply L-Glutamine (500mg) Capsules | 100 | 1 per day | 3 month supply Marine Collagen (1000mg) Capsules | 120 | 2 per day | 2 month supply Acidophilus 5Billion Capsules (Probiotic) | 180 | 2 per day | 3 month supply Milk Thistle Tincture Drops (50ml)

Posted Fri 22 Apr 2022 05.13 by Mary1968 (edited Fri 22 Apr 2022 05.18 by Mary1968)

Hello For a start, you need to be reading, understanding and following the R.D.A. (Recommend Daily Allowance) This is because, toxicity overload, from taking too many supplements that may contain the same ingredients (exceeding the RDA); is a very real issue. All of those are unlikely to clash, but you do need to check the RDAs For Example : Taking zinc has helped me to reduce severity from colds and flu, and keeps me clear of psoriasis. However, taking too much, for too long a duration, can be detrimental to the liver. No need to be alarmed, but good to be aware. From your list, I have taken (or still take) the following for psoriasis : Vitamin D3 = 4000IU daily. (I never took K2 supplements only because I was consuming Vitamin K foods every single day, and didn't feel the need to also supplement) Zinc = teaspoon of powder daily in water with food (don't take on an empty stomach as causes terrible nausea) L-Glutamine = teaspoon of powder daily in water Marine Collagen = tablespoon of powder daily in smoothie I regularly take Probiotics (one powder sachet daily) but not psoriasis related as such - more for general good health You are missing the one well-known (scientifically proven) supplement for psoriasis, and that is Fish Oil. Instead of wasting money on potentially useless and dodgy Amazon supplements (sourced from goodness knows where in the world)........I suggest seeing a naturopath and actually purchasing quality scientifically-backed supplements that have been proven to work. I say that, because many fish oil supplements sold online are toxic depending on where the fish are harvested from.

Posted Fri 22 Apr 2022 16.37 by Scotus0 - 29 from Salford
Seeking advice/tips for overcoming Guttate | Pso blog: GetLostGuttate

@Mary1968 Hi- thanks for your feedback. Good to see a lot of the supplements you're using match up with mine. None of the pharmacists warned me of toxicity overload, so I believe they're all within safe RDA levels. I'm eating oily fish as often as possible (trying to limit my portions to a maximum of 4 per week as per NHS guidelines due to mercury levels). With that in mind, similar to you with Vitamin K2, I wonder if I would need a fish oil supplement? If so, I'm happy to look into any you recommend:) Thanks!

Posted Tue 26 Apr 2022 10.32 by Paul316

Sage contains neurotoxin Thujone 3-6 grams/day Chrysanthemums contains neurotoxin Pyrethrum 0-6 grams/day After being prescribed Soolantra for my Rosacea by my Dermatologist my eyes starting itching very bad and I got dandruff in my eyebrows. When I searched for the cause Demodex mites came up. I searched how to kill them for over a year and no prescription or non-prescription treatment I found on the internet would kill them including Tea Tree Oil, Permethrin, and Ivermectin. I finally found these two myself that are not listed anywhere I could find. I never see why most supplements are really suppose to work these two are obvious they contain a poision that kills Demodex mites internally. ALL my itching has stopped. To be clear I am saying since being diagnosed with Psoriasis in my mid-twenties I have itched continuously every minute my whole life. Is was hard to fall asleep at times. I may go an hour or more without noticing anything now. I guess everyone has seen so many supplements they don't really believe anything works very well and nothing else really does much for me. But have they seen these? Good Luck StopTheItching.com

Posted Wed 27 Apr 2022 11.06 by Mary1968

Scotus0 Sorry I don't know any UK brands. Best to ask in a health food store, chemist or a naturopath, for recommendations. I buy a brand called Melrose, however I don't think that is sold in the UK. Eating oily fish didn't help to clear me - ate it for years with no improvement. I only saw clearance when I started taking the concentrated fish oil supplement, along with the Vitamin D3.

To take part, sign in or register with us