Treatments

Posted Tue 19 Apr 2022 06.02 by Esssbeeee

I need help. I'm 21 years old and have been suffering with psoriasis for over half my life now. I have scalp psoriasis which covers almost 100% of my scalp and is now causing my hairline to recede and has come down onto my face and covers half my forehead, I have plaque psoriasis in patches on my abdomen and chest area one on my lower back, psoriasis on my feet in patches as well as inverse psoriasis and a little patch on my arm. My hair is starting to fall out I think because of a combination of medicine like enstillar foam and psoriasis which I think is preventing my hair from growing. I am currently on coal tar treatment for my skin except for scalp psoriasis and the inverse psoriasis. I'm on synalar gel for my scalp and eumnovate for the hairline as well as elocon and pretopic for the inverse psoriasis. I've tried the autoimmune diet but don't have the self control to see it through. My hair loss is becoming a serious problem especially since I'm only just 21. When I apply topical treatments to my scalp, I end up taking out an extra 30 odd hairs every time I apply something to it which isn't great either I'm incredibly worried that I will get discharged from the dermatologist after waiting over a year to get treatment just because the coal tar might work but my scalp is just as bad as it always has been. And I'm also worried that because my psoriasis covers say 20-30% that the dermatologist would be less likely to put me on say oral or injection treatments Does anyone know how I can get the dermatologist to put me on some other form of treatment for my scalp at least because I really don't want to continue with temporary topical treatments? Anyone have any home remedies or products that help for psoriasis or for hair loss? Anyone have a magic cure? I get that people have it much worse than me and that I'm fortunate but I just want it to end

To take part, sign in or register with us