UVB Phototherapy Canopy (MSB)

Posted Tue 3 May 2022 20.27 by Annie

I've had Psoriasis for 30 years and the only treatment that has worked for me has been light therapy. Due to the long waiting list at my local hospital for UVB treatment I'm thinking of investing in a home Phototherpy Canopy. Has anyone purchased one from MSB and have they proved effective?

Posted Wed 1 Jun 2022 13.22 by Sandstone2157

Hi Annie, I'm in a similar position at the moment, covered head to toe with guttate flare up. I've been speaking to my local hospital but the dermatology wait is 50 weeks! There has been a referral sent through for me, no idea of timescales. What have the service advised you in your local area? light therapy has only ever worked for me in the past. I've seen a few people suggest MSB as a reliable source. I've never been able to get through to them on their number. I'm wondering if there are any UVB sun bed shops in the UK? Following this thread for canopy recommendations or second hand sellers.

Posted Sun 26 Jun 2022 23.22 by Sandstone2157

Hey Where in the UK are you?

Posted Wed 29 Jun 2022 17.02 by Sandie

OMGosh - I could have a long wait for phototherapy at the hospital. Very tempted to look into the pros and cons of buying my own lamp.

Posted Sun 3 Jul 2022 07.08 by Pedro

Yes I am also considering purchasing a lamp for diy light therapy for the same reasons. Would appreciate any experience of handheld units as for me the psoriasis is localised.

Posted Mon 11 Jul 2022 17.32 by JB

Hi Sandstone2157 sorry for the delayed reply, we are near Chichester West Sussex.

Posted Thu 20 Oct 2022 18.58 by Sarbie

Hi Annie, I have been in touch this week with MSB. I spoke to Roy who is unbelievably helpful! I too am on NHS waiting list but they are only just going through pre covid backlog. Roy talked me through all the options and had no pressure put on me. They have great reviews and apparently a 98% success rate. I was lucky to be able to get my canopy next week so I hope this will make a difference for me. I would recommend them just to talk about options. I am in London by the way.

Posted Fri 21 Oct 2022 09.00 by Annie

Thanks everyone for you reply’s. I have now purchased a unit and am please to say I’m very happy with the results practically 100% clearance Expensive but for me well worth the money!

Posted Fri 21 Oct 2022 09.18 by Sarbie

Hi Annie, That's amazing news! I am receiving my unit next Wednesday. Can I ask how bad your psoriasis was and how long it took to clear please? Caroline

Posted Fri 21 Oct 2022 09.57 by Annie

Hi Caroline I was about 60% covered mostly my torso I followed the instructions to the letter so as not to burn. It was a slow start but after about 3 weeks I started to notice a marked improvement which accelerated from there..It took 7 weeks in total for full clearance . Be patient make sure you use the unit 3/4 times a week as instructed and I’m sure you’ll see the results. Good luck and let me know how you get on Anne

Posted Fri 21 Oct 2022 10.12 by Sarbie

Thank you Anne. I was having private clinic sessions (7 x 1 min in total over 2 weeks) but they are so expensive. I have some slight improvement so am looking forward to treating myself at home. I will let you know how I get on. Thanks Anne. Caroline

Posted Sat 5 Nov 2022 09.50 by Sarbie

Hi Anne, Are you able to remember the changes that happened to your skin as it was healing please? My patches are a bit paler now, not so red. The skin is also quite flaky but not plaques. I just wonder if this is what the healing looks like? Thanks. Caroline

Posted Sat 5 Nov 2022 21.17 by Annie

Hi Caroline Yes initially my skin my very flaky and itchy. Lots of moisturiser should sort that out Hope it works for you Anne

Posted Mon 28 Nov 2022 17.32 by Sarbie

Hi Anne, you asked me to let you know how I got in with my unit. I am now just about 5 weeks in. Patches are fading but I wasnt sure of my progress. I had an appointment with NHS dermatology light therapy unit today. They were amazed at my progress and told me psoriasis is clear and that I have hypo pigmentation. They said to be patient and wait for that to fade. They advised me to keep going with the therapy for another 3 weeks and they will see me in 6 months. I am so amazed that they have given me so much advice and support even though I an not having NHS treatment. I called the lovely Roy at MBS to tell him as well. Feeling much more positive now! Take care, Caroline

Posted Mon 28 Nov 2022 18.33 by Annie

Excellent news ! So happy it’s worked for you as well

Posted Mon 16 Jan 2023 09.24 by psoriasis association (admin)Mod

Hi all, I have removed some messages regarding selling of UVB lights. Unfortunately, buying and selling UVB lights in the forum is against our rules. Thank you. Georgia, The Psoriasis Association.

To take part, sign in or register with us