UK Spa Hotel Treatments

Posted Tue 5 Jan 2016 16.04 by tomevans

I have a host of info on hotels abroad but can find little on the UK. I need information on hotels that others on the Forum have used and felt comfortable in! I am Essex based but anywhere in the UK would be helpful - Please help I'm in my 60's and have battled with Psoriorsis since my teens in various degrees!!!!

Posted Tue 5 Jan 2016 18.16 by Bacchant

I'm staying at a Champneys spa this month! I'll let you know how it goes. I've visited one of their day spas for a pedicure / leg massage as well and didn't have any issues.

Posted Mon 25 Jan 2016 00.24 by Bacchant

I just got back from the spa today! I was in the Champneys Forest Mere resort and they were absolutely lovely. I have quite a severe case of psoriasis (I am covered head to toe! :() and it didn't affect my experience at all. For treatments I had a back massage, an aromatherapy wrap and I also went into the thalassotherapy pool (woohoo salty water!). All the therapists were great, they tailored their treatments to my dry skin and were super professional. I got the exact same level of treatment as I did in my pre-psoriasis days. I also didn't have any issues using the facilities (swimming, sauna, even changing in the locker room) and felt really comfortable going swimming and wandering around the building in the bathrobe. No weird looks from anyone which was super!

To take part, sign in or register with us