Question about Sunlight

Posted Sun 6 Mar 2016 05.47 by Smiles13
I have never struggled with psoriasis before age 30 and now I have it on my scalp behind my ears and a tiny bit in my ears. I have tried to

I have had psoriasis for about 6 months now and I have tried many types of shampoo, treatment, and I even tried tea tree oil. The tea tree oil helps a bit. I have heard about UV light helps, which brings me to my question, Does sitting out in the sun help? I do not have much money to spend on UV treatments, so I would assume that natural sunlight would help, does it?

Posted Mon 14 Mar 2016 15.19 by Eel

Hi, just a tip that worked for me re hair & scalp-I use Capasal shampoo (prescribed by my Dr) each time I wash my hair & Paul Mitchell tea tree shampoo. Paul Mitchell isn't cheap but I have been doing this for about a year now & haven't needed to use steroids on my scalp at all after about the first month of this 'new' routine. As for sunshine I'm fairly sure it helps but not sure of the science behind it! :)

Posted Mon 25 Apr 2016 07.27 by jperry
Since I lost my job last year I've got patches on the legs and arms. I have squama on the ski head as well.

Hello, just for a tip I use Pso Natura Shampoo; they are available for sale only through the net. It is effective, and the good side I take of it is that is is used as a normal shampoo and I get reults very rapidly with. Just try it and for me it has been a very good solution to eliminate my scalp psoriasis naturally. Natural Sunlight helps definitely in the process of removing psoriasis. However, you should protect your skin with the right sun cream and not expose yourself TOO MUCH in the sun. This would represent an aggression of the skin and scalp and would simply enhance your scar in your scalp. You can as well make necessary massage of your scalp with almond oil or eucalyptus oil. These two elements have as green asset to moisturize and as well to help to calm itching on the scalp. Hope to have helped you. Good luck. William

Posted Mon 25 Apr 2016 09.57 by charlesharford
Physical discomfort and depression

I have had PS for about 9 years and the flare ups vary all the time. Mine is mostly on my legs, not scalp, and I have found that sunlight makes a big difference. After a couple of weeks in the sun the itching has stopped and the plaques have completely flattened. A little tan also helps to hide the discolouration which is a bonus. Hope this helps

Posted Tue 17 May 2016 01.55 by Flareupuser
Have psoriasis since 18 years old. Extensive.

have had ps for 40 years! Use T-gel alternated with head and shoulders. Works well. Sunlight really helps and clears it eventually, after many hours lying in the sun...Have had many bouts of UV treatments but have found ps returns so rapidly. Hope this helps

Posted Tue 17 May 2016 01.55 by Flareupuser
Have psoriasis since 18 years old. Extensive.

have had ps for 40 years! Use T-gel alternated with head and shoulders. Works well. Sunlight really helps and clears it eventually, after many hours lying in the sun...Have had many bouts of UV treatments but have found ps returns so rapidly. Hope this helps

Posted Thu 19 May 2016 12.39 by Sar83
It affects me a lot in the summer as it restricts what i wear

Hello, I have had Psoriasis for years now and the only time it almost disappears is when i am on holiday somewhere hot! Last year I went to Spain and when i got there is was really bad but by the first week it slowly went - that was in August and now it's really bad again. Hope this info helps - just wish we had warmer weather :-) Sarah.

To take part, sign in or register with us