At Breaking point

Posted Tue 21 Jun 2016 14.42 by Yeller

I cannot keep up with my P anymore. Ive had it for 10 years and its ruining my life. It started in college and managed to ruin my social life all through uni because going out drinking and staying up late just aggravated it. I've tried all sorts of diets and healthy eating, every moisturiser you can chuck at it. I had light therapy but it came back within a week of stopping treatment. The doctors wont give me anything but dovobet because they said im too young for the other treatments as they affect your ability to have children so to go back when ive had my family. Iv got both plaque and guttate across my whole torse, my scalp, my ears, my mouth, every joint, the soles of my feet and the palms of my hands. I'm at breaking point.

Posted Thu 23 Jun 2016 20.58 by Lizzie (edited Thu 23 Jun 2016 22.38 by wayne)
I have had Psoriasis for 42 years sometimes it clear other times not - its hard to live with and i have used all topical medication

Dear Yeller, I posted this last week. I know exactly how you feel. I really recommend trying beeswax it has really helped me and i hope it helps you. The place I buy it from also sells booklets with recipes for you to make it yourself if you dont want to keep buying from them. Let me know how you get on if you manage to try it. I have had Pso for many many years - sometimes its clear and other times not. In the last 2 years it has ben particularly bad after a course of steriods for an asthma attack. I tried all the ointments again with mixed results as well dietary changes - finally using the narrowband light treatment which worked during the treatment and rapidly returned. I then tried PUVA (which worked 20 years ago)which came back during the treatment.that was 3 weeks ago. My next hope is methotrexate which I am a little worried about and have an appointment with the consultant next week. However over the last 3 weeks I have taken Vitamin D and Omega supplements. I have also used the Moogoo cream BUT more importantly I am now applying pure beeswax on my skin instead of any ointment and I am VERY impressed with the results. My skin is now flat though still pigmented. Its not completely clear but I am so much happier with it that I am thinking of just doing a bit more narrow band to hopefully clear it. I think the combination of everything has helped and it isnt exactly clear but I have never tried the pure beeswax so it is impressive. Try it - you never know. I only tried it to moisturise my feet and was so impressed that it got rid of my dry cracks on my feet - so decided to give it a go. good luck

Posted Tue 28 Jun 2016 07.00 by andrea
have had p for too many years

Hi. I have tried the lot and nothing worked untill after 2 years of taking methotrexate the dose was increased to 17.5 mg and it worked! Now i only have a few small patches which i treat with dovobet gel and go sunbathing when i can. Keep on at your GP or dermatologist to try this. You can come off it gradually and get it out of your system when you decide to have children. But have a life first and persist with your dermatologist. My son was absoloutly covered, face as well and he is on 3 monthly injections and is clear. He is enjoying life finally.

Posted Fri 8 Jul 2016 09.03 by Julie

Good news folks, POLYTAR is back !! There is a god Ohh how I've missed this shampoo

Posted Sat 9 Jul 2016 21.20 by KimB

I have plaque psoriasis on my legs which is under control but on my scalp I just can't shift. Have been using Capasal shampoo but no improvement. Any advice would be gratefully received. K.

Posted Sun 10 Jul 2016 20.08 by cal4th

Hello, I'm new to this site but just wanted to share my experience. I have had Psoriasis since i was 11/12, I am going to be 26 this year, my mum has it also, I have had everything from coldtar products to cortisone's creams/ointments. As the years have gone by, it has got worse :(, I have now been on Dovobet ointment for about 9 or 10 years as its the only thing that works for my body, I have also used Dovonex ointment and Dovobet gel, these did not have the same effect as Dovobet ointment, I have relied on this for years, my medication is prescribed at 240g per month. I changed my diet in February 2015, to eating healthily and have lost to date 3 stone and 11 pounds, they have said that there is no link to dieting and changing of diets, so I can't say this has helped mine for definite. My psoriasis has always been constant and been very very bad at times, Back in March/April of this year,I read some forums on here about Gluten Free diets and to be honest, I noticed a huge difference to my psoriasis by cutting out a lot of Gluten and some of the Gluten Free foods taste a lot better than foods with. A lot of Supermarkets widely cater for Gluten Free, I haven't been tested for Celliac, so i cannot say if i have a tolerance to Gluten. There is no facts to claim that Gluten can improve psoriasis, but it did with mine as well as using my Dovobet ointment. I was unhappy with my body, at this time my psoriasis was under control, but my body in general, I joined a Personal Trainer at the end of May this year , I got given a meal plan, a lot of it was wholemeal things like bread, pasta etc, but I was willing to give anything ago to improve my body, About 4/5 days into I noticed my psoriasis was coming back with a vengeance, I had to swap back to my Gluten Free products two weeks in. By mid June, my psoriasis was so sore and flared up, I had to go to the Doctors, i developed a small case of Pulsar psoriasis and the bottom of my leg , it could of been due to infection, i'm still not 100% sure what caused it but my skin was peeling so bad, it was embarrassing, It had never been so bad in the past 12 years. I was so fed up with my psoriasis by this point, I was looking on the internet for any medications that I could ask my Doctor to prescribe me to try, when I came across.... Enstilar, it is made by LEO who make Dovobet/Dovonex, but this one is a foam, in a spray can, It was released in the UK late June this year, as soon as I saw it on the website and read about it, I thought I need to try this, I rang two local pharmacists to ask about Enstilar and they said it was on their system and could order it with a doctor's signed prescription, I luckily had a Doctors appointment the next day, I mentioned it to my Doctor and he said we can give it a go, I used the can for around a week, which is how long the can lasted, I can honestly say, for me, this has worked alot better than Dovobet, My Doctor has now given me the same dose of Enstilar as I had for my Dovobet ointment, It has cleared my psoriasis by around 96% , it's fair to say, depending on the type of psoriasis you have, it may not be suitable, as it's mainly suitable with people of have mild/extreme psoriasis, defiantly worth speaking to your Doctor to see if they will give you a trial of it :)

Posted Mon 18 Jul 2016 13.26 by Quest

Dear Yeller I hear your pain through the words. Sometimes it is not the medical protocol but finding the person who can focus on your particular condition which is key. The issue with auto-immune attacks is that they are really very individual. Did you ever try to find the person rather than the general medication?

To take part, sign in or register with us