Healpsorin Shampoo and Conditioner

Posted Wed 1 Jun 2022 11.30 by Richard1159

I suffer from particularly bad psoriasis on my scalp and have tried numerous prescription medications from my GP without much success. Has anyone tried Healpsorin and if so, how effective was it? Thank you.

Posted Wed 8 Jun 2022 08.46 by Bink

Hi I have been trying it and have spent a lot of money on all the products and can’t really say it has made a difference. I’ve recently read about a new supplement called Axis Biotix ps, which is a food supplement which contains various gut bacteria to tackle the problem from the inside out, which I believe is the root cause. The testimonials look good, although you can’t always believe them, but I’m going to give it a try. I’ll keep you posted on results.

Posted Wed 8 Jun 2022 08.59 by Richard1159

Thanks for the reply. I have purchased some to try and am 3 days in. Will let you know if it helps my condition. I had seen the Axis Biotix and was considering trying this as well. Let me know how it goes. Thanks

Posted Wed 4 Jan 2023 21.16 by Lulu

I have tried healpsorin and have had mixed results. I have mild to moderate scalp Psoriasis .which mainly is around my hairline and a largish circular patch on each side of my head by my ears. After 3 weeks of use the scaling reduced by about 80% but the itchiness (which they say is a sign its working) was unbearable. Also my scalp was so dry it looked bone white in colour and when touched was very powdery and dry (dry powdery substance not dandruff) . So i bought the scalp conditioner and while it did ease the itching a bit, didn’t totally stop it nor stop the powdery issue, so after 6 weeks, to get a break from the itching and powdery issue, i have used a normal medicated shampoo and conditioner for a week. This has stopped the itch and powdery issue but I can feel the scaling returning. So i found I basically got rid of the scaling but replaced it with itchiness and dryness. I have just used the healpsorin again and am going to try alternating it with a normal shampoo to see if i can balance the scaling versus the itching that way. So the jury is still out for me with this.

Posted Fri 6 Jan 2023 14.34 by Richard1159

I have tried this treatment and contacted the manufacturer direct with the issues experienced, Like some of the other users in this forum, I found that the scalp became more itchy and, where flakes would be quite big normally, these became much smaller/powdery and increased in volume. I tried it for some time but if anything, found the condition worsened rather than improved. Have stopped using it now.

To take part, sign in or register with us