Psoriasis and diet

Posted Fri 15 Jul 2022 20.15 by Fabio116
Yes, all my life.

I never normally post but I thought it worth mentioning my experience since my approach has held good results. I have had psoriasis all my life really and tried treatments (topical, phototherapy and even what is effectively a chemo therapy treatment - methotrexate always directed by my dermatologist). All of these have held very short lived results. I have always believed that psoriasis must surely be cured from the inside and not the outside. I started researching about the impact of the gut and gut bacteria on overall skin well being and other alternative medicine forms, as well as other approaches such as those offered by Ayurvedic medicine. In the last year I have adjusted my diet reading books, YouTube testimonials about how to keep your body inside alkaline, gut bacteria and diet. What I can say is that my skin has improved massively. My breakfast now consists of porridge with mixed seeds, chia seeds, and always Kefir natural yogurt. I have eliminated all acidic foods (I no longer drink alcohol and this has made a massive difference), including raw tomatoes, peppers, aubergine (night shade vegetables basically), and I have drastically reduced my consumption of red meat. Now I only eat chicken, turkey or fish, and drink plenty of water with cucumber slices. I exercise, I meditate daily and try and keep stress levels down. In essence keeping your psoriasis at bay requires sacrifices, but I am reaping the rewards and will no longer listen only to a traditional dermatologist advice, good for bad phases but ultimately doesn’t solve the problem. Of course everyone is different and what works for one may not work for another, but my advice would be: look at the inside, don’t just focus on the outside. My next step is a 2 week Ayurvedic stay in India or Sri Lanka for a total body detox. Hope this helps others. Fabio,

Posted Sun 7 Aug 2022 04.46 by Mary1968

Hello Fabio I cleared plaque psoriasis with diet and supplements nearly 15 years ago, and continue to use these methods to remain clear. Although saw a dermatologist yesterday for another skin issue, and he said I should consider myself very very lucky for clearing psoriasis long term, as not many people were able to do so. .....But I don't consider this to be good luck - rather more like good management. I use several Ayurvedic practices, but not used them for psoriasis before. Mainly for warding off colds and flu, and relaxation purposes. I do Ayurvedic Abhyanga several times a week. Thinking about it now, I think this would be a good practice if I still had plaque psoriasis. You will probably be offered a Abhyanga treatment at your detox retreat (as good for lymphatic system), but very easy to do yourself at home. Basically a self-massage on dry skin with warm oil. What treatments are on offer at the retreat?

To take part, sign in or register with us