Trying the natural route

Posted Mon 18 Jul 2022 14.04 by Bizarreknives

I've had P for almost 40 years. Nothing has worked apart from phototherapy but I'm conscious of the side effects. Normally this time of year it clears due to being out in the sun as much as possible. However this year its not clearing as quickly, so I thought I'd try an alternative method. I've recently bought some tablets, curcumin, fish oil, vitamin d, pro biotics and zinc. Its only been a few days so no improvement yet, but I've also bought some witch hazel which I put onto a cotton wipe and wipe it over the affected areas, it helps with the itching immediately, I've added a bit to my shampoo and again can see an immediate improvement. Anyway I'm hoping the natural remedies will help where prescribed ointments haven't.

Posted Sun 7 Aug 2022 04.31 by Mary1968

Hello Natural Vitamin D from the sun is great, as long as you don't burn (a burn on psoriasis is the absolute pits - I only ever made that mistake once) I found Vitamin D3 supplements of about 4000IU daily, combined with fish oil supplements to be extremely useful in starting the healing process. Zinc and Marine Collagen are must haves too Takes a while for supplements to start working though. You would normally start to see some improvement after 8 - 12 weeks of continuous taking. Having said that, it will also depend on the brand quality. Buy the best clinical proven ones you can afford.

To take part, sign in or register with us