The ears

Posted Sat 23 Jul 2022 20.23 by Mmh8

Many years of it, at least 20+. The ears used to be behind only. Now inside. Have been using Vaseline but now a days too often and I get ear infection. Latest ear infection has left me with hollow hearing in ear.. been given antibiotics course and a cortisone- anti fungal/inflammation drop. Have stopped all steroids use for years ( at least 10) due to them causing more problems than they solved. Any advice on self ear care?

Posted Sun 7 Aug 2022 04.09 by Mary1968

Having psoriasis in the ears is the absolute pits. Causes so many issues. I have heard of people using warm olive oil on and in their ears. Instead of Vaseline which is horrible stuff, have you tried using unrefined coconut oil.

Posted Sun 7 Aug 2022 04.51 by Mmh8 (edited Sun 7 Aug 2022 04.52 by Mmh8)

Thanks for your response, Vaseline has been the most useful long term application I have ever used. It is available everywhere and is relatively low cost. What do you have against it? I have used olive and coconut oil in the past on my body. I found it left pimples( due to blocked pores I think) which caused further issues. Hence I settled on Vaseline as my go to. I will try the olive oil or coconut in the ear , it always reminds me of the rancid smell I used to get with treatment

Posted Sun 7 Aug 2022 06.37 by andrea
have had p for too many years

Try bio oil dry skin gel. It is a very light weight gel it comes in 100-200ml pots. You only need small amounts. I use dovobet gel from my doctor. CerAVe is good moisturiser too. Fragrance free.

Posted Mon 8 Aug 2022 03.04 by Mmh8

Hi Andrea, Thanks for response I will look at bio oil, never thought about it for ears. I would advise against use of dovobet in ears. The steroid will thin the skin over time. And psoriasis is a long time. I stopped all steroid cream ten years ago and my face still has reddish patches that never disappear The vit d part of the cream is fine though

To take part, sign in or register with us