Feeling down

Posted Fri 29 Jul 2022 12.48 by veganmama1995

Lately I've been feeling down as just been diagnosed with hypothyroidism I have had psoriasis for over ten years and now I'm sad to see I have another auto immune problem I'm vegan and mostly have a healthy diet I've started taking levothyroxine for the hypothyroidism but looking into more natural treatments for my gut I'm going to start taking probiotics which are supposed to help the gut I really hope these can help me I'm constantly tired at the moment but I think part of that is due to stress and feeling depressed I don't want to have to change my diet but if diet has helped anyone or any natural changes please comment below I would love to know. I've tried a gluten free diet before and it did nothing and when I re introduced gluten it didn't change anything so I don't have a gluten intolerance I also don't eat dairy or meat and saw my skin improve so much but after giving birth to my second child my skin has been awful he's 13 months old now and it's not much better sorry this is so long I just needed somewhere to write all this because I've been crying over my problems recently 😭

Posted Fri 29 Jul 2022 13.18 by Happychappy

It will get better for you. You mentioned you have hyperthyroidism. Classic symptoms are the tiredness you mentioned. The Levothyoxine will kick in and I'm sure you will feel so.much better. I take actimel prebiotic everyday. For me they sure have helped. Take care and feel better soon.

Posted Fri 29 Jul 2022 13.35 by veganmama1995

Thank you fory your kind words ❤️ I've only been taking it since Monday so haven't felt anything yet but hoping these next few weeks I'll feel better and I will start my probiotics today. What do you take the prebiotic for is it for psoriasis or do you have hypothyroidism too?

Posted Fri 29 Jul 2022 13.50 by Happychappy

I have flexural psoriasis. It literally is a bummer!! It comes and goes. Flares as we call it. I use topical ointments which are hit and miss. I've learnt to live with it and the ups and downs of treatments that work off and on. I have no thyroid issues. I use probiotics for reflux issues. Keeps my stomach happy. For me, not made any difference to my psoriasis.

Posted Sat 6 Aug 2022 10.00 by Faran
Asian

The key concern is that the root cause of psoriasis is still not known. only thing we know that it is AUTO-IMMUNE.

To take part, sign in or register with us