Help! Such a bad flare up!

Posted Fri 29 Jul 2022 19.59 by LR27

Hello! It’s my first time posting on here. I’m really struggling with a bad flareup at the moment. I’ve had psoriasis for 15 years and psoriatic arthritis for 10 years. I am on biologics and methotrexate and my joints are always bad but my skin is usually managed however this is one of the worst flareups I’ve had. My skin is cracking, peeling off in massive flakes, burning (especially after moisturising), really red, hot and very sore. The reason for my flareup I believe is due to stress and also my medication being delayed. Can anyone please recommend anything to help soothe my skin and avoid the burning stinging pain I’m experiencing? I can’t get in the bath due to my joints being so bad. I’m currently using CeraVe, coconut oil and a natural balm- cerave is the one that stings the most. Thanj you in advance for any help/suggestions you can offer.

Posted Sat 30 Jul 2022 12.11 by veganmama1995

Hi so sorry to hear you're having a flare up I treat mine naturally with coconut oil but recently started using citronella oil mixed in with coconut oil and I also used tea tree oil mixed with coconut oil and that seems to soothe my skin when it's itchy also maybe try some meditation or yoga just to relax a bit more I know it can be hard but you've got this ❤️

Posted Wed 3 Aug 2022 15.04 by fran

My psoriasis cleared after 39 years by doing intermittent fasting. It didn't clear straight away but gradually faded and fully disappeared after 6 months. A complete miracle for me. x

Posted Wed 3 Aug 2022 16.12 by Joy

Hi Fran Please can you explain in a bit more detail intermittent fasting entails?

Posted Fri 5 Aug 2022 21.36 by Seeknatural

Salcura bioskin zeoderm 2 is what i smother my self in, its a lovely thick cream, must say also coconut oil has overnight improvement with inflamation reduces the itch and feels so much calmer.

To take part, sign in or register with us