Medicine not working

Posted Sun 31 Jul 2022 07.59 by Daniel in Borgue

I have severe psoriasis. I was on Enbrel for 13 years. The Enbrel has stopped working. So they put me on Humira. So far the Humira is not really working. I am in agony and want to give up. I am hanging on for the potential of going to the Dead Sea Clinic, but that only lasts for a year and takes a month of treatment. I am 60! Anyone else feel like they are at the end of the Road?

Posted Sun 31 Jul 2022 08.56 by Tess
58 years

I'm so sorry you're having such an awful time. I hope the Dead Sea is helpful. Even one year woud be a break? Do you use any particular diet or exercise routine? I imagine you've tried everything. Sea swimming? Vitamins? Such a dreadful disease. Are you getting any help for your mental health?

Posted Sun 31 Jul 2022 13.30 by veganmama1995

Sorry to hear medicine isn't working for you I don't use any medicine as I see it just masks the symptoms and doesn't actually help at the moment I'm trying coconut oil organic on my skin twice a day and taking vitamin B complex and probiotics maybe try some of these things out hope things get better for you! ❤️

Posted Sun 31 Jul 2022 20.46 by LaughingFlea

Many years ago I remember one dermatologist told me that psoriasis is an internal issue, it cannot be cured from outside. It can be helped buy not completely cured. Currently I stopped using creams and gels, I could not see any improvement. I am in the process of dealing with my digestive tract, experimenting by removing certain foods from my diet, adding gut bacteria, digestive enzymes, flax oil and vitamin D3. I use coconut oil on my skalp, try to keep it on my skin for 2-3 days at the time. I am going to see if this works, if not I will move onto another plan.

Posted Mon 1 Aug 2022 10.41 by Camea

Hi Daniel, I'm with you as to feeling at end of road at a similar age to you. It's really soul destroying isn't it, even for resilient people. It wears you down. My heart goes out to you. How about writing a yearly plan where you can go to the red sea each year, or maybe get creative and make a vision board ! I live in Australia so it's far from the red sea, but I hope to go soon. Sending hope....

Posted Sun 7 Aug 2022 03.51 by Mary1968

Hello Daniel I have heard wondrous things about the Dead Sea clinic I know the results are not permanent but if you can afford it, you could make an annual trip there. That way you will remain P-free all year round. If nothing else, it will be a lovely relaxing holiday I have tried practically everything for psoriasis, and the only thing that has worked long term for me, is dietary changes and supplements I use to have plaque patches on my scalp, face, inside ears, elbows, arms, knees and feet. Took nearly a year to clear using diet and supplements, but have managed to remain mostly clear now for about 15 years now. There are quite a few supplements you can take, but I have found these worked (work) extremely well for me: Vitamin D3, Fish Oil and Zinc. Marine Collagen is another good supplement that I take now, but I didn't use whilst actively clearing In regards to the actual diet, I just figured out things that made the patches worsen (i.e.) Gluten, Nightshades, Dairy, Whiskey, etc.... And either removed them from my diet, or reduced my intake. Followed the Jason Vale Juicing Plan, and found celery and carrot juices particularly good for skin healing Used coconut oil for moisturizing. Stopped using soap on the patches as too drying.

Posted Tue 9 Aug 2022 19.21 by Teflon

People are getting very good results with Axisbiotix. Taken once a day, and can expect to see results after aprox. 2 months. Worked for me and lots of other people. Look up peoples reactions on trust pilot.

Posted Sun 14 Aug 2022 22.35 by michmo

i gave up long ago with the idea i would be cured.although i never took any medication.its not what some people want to hear but im a realist,ive had psoriasis for 40 years.

Posted Wed 17 Aug 2022 03.31 by Diane888

Hi yes I’m at that point now where I want to give up I’m in so much pain with it it hurts to move and my skin feels like it’s on fire I also have severe psoriasis of which I had humira which worked great for 3 months then came back with a vengeance I’ve had it for over 40 yrs now

To take part, sign in or register with us