Psoriasis and intermittent fasting

Posted Wed 3 Aug 2022 14.59 by fran (edited Wed 3 Aug 2022 15.01 by fran)

I have had psoriasis since I was 10 years old. I am now 51. For 2 years I have been following an intermittent fasting diet and my psoriasis has disappeared. The psoriasis had gradually faded and I am now in full control - I can wear dresses all year round! I do drink tea and coffee with soya milk but do not eat for around 18 hours. I have shared this with people who have a bad case of psoriasis but many are unwilling to change their diet, which I respect. I believe intermittent fasting helps to prevent inflammation and helps with a leaky gut.

Posted Wed 3 Aug 2022 18.06 by lizziep

Hi Fran - I have used fasting to control my weight for some time - I have my eat window down to 6 hours - however, although it helps my weight it makes no difference at all to my psoriasis.

Posted Sun 7 Aug 2022 03.36 by Mary1968

Yes. I have found IF to be very beneficial for psoriasis too. However, it is also important what you eat in your window too

Posted Mon 8 Aug 2022 12.06 by fran

I don't eat meat and now try to eat predominantly a plant based diet. Maybe being vegetarian helped my skin to clear but am not sure. Another benefit was that my blood pressure came down and is mostly at a normal level.

To take part, sign in or register with us