Vaccine

Posted Sat 6 Aug 2022 09.40 by Pladecalvo (edited Sat 6 Aug 2022 12.30 by Pladecalvo)

My dermatologist says that he is going to try a vaccine to treat my psoriasis, which really isn't bad at all....just a few spots on my back and three small spots on the back of each leg. Over the last few months, and before I get this vaccine, I have had to have booster injections, 10 in all, to boost all the vaccinations that I've had through my life such as Hepatitis, Neumococo, Tetanus and Diphtheria. This is apparently necessary because the vaccine for the psoriasis weakens the immune system. Anyone know anything about this vaccine?

Posted Sat 6 Aug 2022 11.20 by Mary1968 (edited Sun 7 Aug 2022 03.34 by Mary1968)

Sounds horrible. Seriously unless you are covered head to toe - I would avoid

Posted Sat 6 Aug 2022 12.29 by Pladecalvo

If it's a one-off injection I'll probably have it but if it's a recurring injection, I'll pass on it. It used to be bad on my back but since I started regular fasting and drinking 2 + litres of water a day, it's reduced to almost nothing.

Posted Sat 6 Aug 2022 16.36 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

I haven't heard of this vaccine, do you know what it's called? There are numerous injections to help treat P and PsA but a one off vaccine?

Posted Sat 6 Aug 2022 17.11 by Pladecalvo

I have no idea what the vaccine is or even if it's a one-off treatment. My appointment is on 11th October, so hopefully I'll have more information then.

To take part, sign in or register with us