Skilarence dosage

Posted Mon 8 Aug 2022 21.53 by jay13

My dermatologist has just prescribed me Skilerance (dimethyl fumarate), after nearly 2 years of being on Apremilast. However, the dosage he has prescribed is: Day 1 - x1 30mg tablet Day 2 - x2 30mg tablets Day 3 - x3 30mg tablets Day 4 - x4 30mg tablets From day 5 onwards - x1 120mg tablet After 4 weeks - x2 120mg tablets I’m just wondering if this dosage is excessive, as I’ve read online about others not reaching 120mg per day until week 4, whereas I’ll be on this dosage after just 4 days. Any advice would be great, thanks!

Posted Tue 9 Aug 2022 10.25 by lizziep

hi - I'm on skilirence too. Not everyone is happy on it, I understand, because of the side effects . These are minimal for me so I have no problems. I was on it for something like 20 years and came off it due to the pandemic, but am now back on it. The slow beginning is to help you adjust to the pills. This time I went straight into the 2 x 120 gms as I wasn't worried about side effects. I would trust your dermatologist - you can always ease off if you find the side effects unacceptable - for me they are stomach cramps and the odd hot flush - nothing in comparison to having psoriasis! 2 x 120 mms is considered a low dose as it goes up to 3 0r 4 x 120mgs if necessary.

To take part, sign in or register with us