Pustular Psoriasis

Posted Mon 15 Aug 2022 10.45 by blacklilly

Hello all, I am in the process of trying to get a diagnosis for psoriasis. Since the start of this year, I've had a battle with blisters popping up on my hands. I've had occurrences of this since I was a teenager (always stress-related), but it was never severe or long enough to warrant a doctor's appointment. I have had nails affected by it on occasion, but nothing severe. Around May I found a patch of blisters on my foot. I then caught covid for the first time and almost immediately my ring finger became swollen, blistered and painful and the patch on my foot tripled in size. I've since lost the entire nail on my hand. I was able to see a doctor in June, but it took six weeks to get blood tests done and I have been told it could take eighteen months to see a dermatologist. Still waiting for blood test results... I have an emollient which helps and was prescribed Dovobet, but after a few uses it didn't seem to help (and appears to not be recommended for pustular psoriasis). Other things which help include going to the beach and paddling in the sea, sunshine and Epsom salt soaks. I'm doing plenty of research into how to help myself, and am hoping that once the stress of my MA is over things might improve. I am very worried about the finger and the possibility of things spreading and I feel quite abandoned and dismissed by the doctors I've so far spoken to. Does anyone else have experience with this kind of psoriasis or any advice to offer? Thanks!

To take part, sign in or register with us