Psoriasis causing severe dry eyes & Inflammation causing very itchy eyes.

Posted Thu 18 Aug 2022 20.00 by EmmaB

I had the covid vaccine and within a few weeks I started getting problems with my eyes even tho I’ve had Psorasis since a child and I am now in my 40s . Just really want to know if this has happened to anyone else ? Psoriasis effecting their eyes ? Steroid drops made my eyes worse . Doxycycline for 3 months made my eyes worse . My eyes feel absolutely awful and it has been 8 months . Going to the hospital again next week but all they want to do is give me steroid drops and lubricants.

Posted Sat 20 Aug 2022 21.58 by michmo

i have psoriasis in my eyebrows which goes red if i dont leave it alone.i mentioned in a previous post that my psoriasis has improved since i stopped drinking alcohol.its been six months now.

Posted Wed 7 Sep 2022 19.02 by Tatia

Hi Emma - I have had three Covid-19 vaccinations and had no side effects. However, in July I got Covid and the side effects included very dry eyes and a flare up of my psoriasis. I was given artificial teardrops and they were very good - I put them in after getting up and before going to bed, made a huge difference.

Posted Wed 7 Sep 2022 19.25 by EmmaB

Hi Tatia , I caught covid at Christmas and to be honest I got even worse after actually having covid . My eyelids are so bad now, I have 2 cyst on my eyelid that the hospital said was caused by the blocked glands and they want me to go on immunosuppressants for 1 year ciclosporin. I use lubricant drops every 2 hours , just so itchy still In the inner corners of my eyes .

Posted Fri 16 Sep 2022 23.49 by Tatia

Hi Emma - ah sorry to hear that. It must be very hard to get through the day with work and all. I do hope it clears up - I noticed that while on holiday, swimming in salt water and near the sea my eyes were also better.... but sadly I do not live near the sea...

Posted Sun 25 Sep 2022 04.09 by LISABBX

Hi i had psoriasis in my eyes for over week now I in so much pain can Enyone Shed some light on it bad so I only had psoriasis for year now

Posted Wed 23 Nov 2022 08.17 by Grandadbaz

Hello fellow sufferers I have bought many eye lubricants over time and Xailin night ointment at a cost but I’m also having better reaction using Vaseline , cheap and for me effective. Regards Barry

Posted Tue 27 Dec 2022 17.08 by Yacht

Sounds more like rosacea or blepharitis. I'd ask for a second doc opinion.

Posted Tue 27 Dec 2022 17.25 by EmmaB

Hi everyone , i went to see a private dermatologist at rivers hospital . It was far for me to travel but he spent way over 30 mins with me , was more like 1 hour . Was so worth paying . He doesn’t think it is rosacea related as suggested by Moorfields . He thinks it is more seborrheic Dermatitis and stubborn blepharitis. Even tho it doesn’t look like I have the blepharitis it’s very inflamed. He said cilcosporin would take full control of the Psorasis, help the rosecea and the seborrheic dermatitis. I’ve been sent for bloods and hopefully starting a low dose this week . I’ve been off work for 3 months as I’ve been so bad but I really hope this will bring all the inflammation down . My eyes have just got worse and worse as times has gone on unfortunately.

To take part, sign in or register with us