Scalp Psoriasis

Posted Sun 4 Sep 2022 04.16 by Mich

Hello. 😊 Just wanna know if anyone here has scalp psoriasis and how you completely cured it? I've had this for a long time and still hasn't find perfect cure. Currently, i have prescribed with an ointment to treat my scalp psoriasis but still contains steriods. I'm pregnant and I'm a bit worried if that would really be safe if i take it for a long time. I've been using it for 3weeks already, it lessens the psoriasis on my scalp but it still retriggers when it's super hot.

Posted Sun 4 Sep 2022 07.26 by michmo

i had scalp psoriasis when i was young but in time it just went away.

Posted Sun 4 Sep 2022 16.35 by Peter S
I have psoriasis on about 1/3 of my body...have had it for over 10 years and its getting worse.

Not just on my scalp, which to some extent my hair hides, but at its worst all over my ears and eyebrows and some on forehead too. Do not pick at it....as that actually makes it worse. I found steroids useless for actual scalp but worked well for eyebrows and ears. The best thing for scalp was to comb in a very small amount of the Epaderm cream I had. I found that it all dies down much faster if you don't pick at it but instead get the skin wet to rub it off gently. Picking at it makes it get a lot worse.

Posted Mon 5 Sep 2022 07.53 by theoMan5 (edited Mon 5 Sep 2022 07.53 by theoMan5)

this is useful information

Posted Mon 5 Sep 2022 10.44 by Mich

Hi @michmo. Wow! That's good. Did you put any cream or ointment during those times?

Posted Mon 5 Sep 2022 10.50 by Mich

Hi @PeterS. Thank you for that information. Yeah, when you scratch it really hard it usually bleeds and makes it worst, that's what happened to me before when I tend to scratch my scalp due to severe itchyness, and now i never do that again. So far, the cream that I'm using which is Diprosalic seems to work but not totally cured it. I hope we find a medicine that will totally cure it and is safe to everyone, even to pregnant woman like me. 😊

Posted Mon 5 Sep 2022 10.51 by Mich

BTW, just a survey. Can Virgin Coconut Oil be a natural remedy for psoriasis? Thank you

Posted Mon 5 Sep 2022 19.24 by michmo

i think i used something but it was so long ago i cant remember what it was..i had it really bad in my hair and my ears at the time.psoriasis tends to clear up in one area then appear somewere else.i just accepted i had it after awhile.it can drive you alittle crazy if you focus on it too much.

Posted Wed 7 Sep 2022 17.22 by Sadbuttrue123

I’ve had mild-moderate scalp psoriasis for as long as I can remember. What helps with symptoms for me is olive oil - I basically use it as a scalp mask multiple times a week, leaving it on for at least an hour at a time before washing with a gentle shampoo (rinse and repeat to stop hair being greasy from the oil). You can also leave it on overnight (using a shower cap to protect bedding etc as it can get messy). It’s the one thing that leaves my scalp feeling soothed and moisturised, and totally gets rid of flakes in my hair.

Posted Tue 15 Nov 2022 16.28 by redsquirrel (edited Tue 15 Nov 2022 16.29 by redsquirrel)

Just read this as my ps is coming back on my scalp. I use betacap straight away on patches - its a full on steroid lotion that I find really works for me. Put it on night wash out morning. For hair washing I recommend the gentlest of shampoos - I like aveeno apple cider vinegar shampoo occassionally its not the gentlest on hair but good for scalp, Then I use a high end brand - kerastase. I do not wash hair every day - and during the week if I need to wash it - I will just use a conditioner - not a shampoo. Be very gentle with your hair! ps really weakens the shafts. Best wishes.

Posted Wed 16 Nov 2022 16.53 by michmo

no cream or ointment but my psoriasis just spread to other areas,with age for me it just got worses.alot worse.

Posted Wed 16 Nov 2022 18.27 by Bav1985

Anything with coal tar is good for scalp psoriasis I used to buy wrights soap grate it up with a cheese grater n and run it like shampoo woth hot water

Posted Wed 16 Nov 2022 20.16 by Peter S
I have psoriasis on about 1/3 of my body...have had it for over 10 years and its getting worse.

The thing about scratching it is not just that it makes it bleed, but that the skin damage actually activates the very enyzmes, etc, that cause psoriasis in the first place....as psoriasis is largely due to your body producing an excess of the enzymes that get produced when skin is damaged. So you don't want more of them...or you just get a vicious cycle.

Posted Wed 16 Nov 2022 21.27 by michmo

thats very true Peter S. at times i get an unbearable desire to scratch areas that are clear of psoriasis only to find it appearing there.like its encouraging me to do so.

Posted Tue 22 Nov 2022 20.30 by amirul91

I have the same issue on my scalp. Small patches but my hair covers some of it. Except for the patch behind my ear. Also have another patch on the right leg which is more irritating than the ones on my head. Other than ointments or steroids which I have used and did not work. Anyone else have any other suggestions what I can use. Ta

To take part, sign in or register with us