Psoriasis getting me down

Posted Tue 6 Sep 2022 21.12 by kays08

Hi, I'm new to the group and felt like now is the right time to talk to others who are suffering like me. I'm 31 years old and have suffered from psoriasis for about 6 years. I'm at my worst now than I've ever had it with around 70% of both arms and legs covered. It seem to have got worse after having my 2nd born in March 19 and after the first covid vaccine. I've been using enstilar alongside double base and it worked for the first time I used it especially on my arms but now it's like my skin has become immune to it. My legs are so red raw and sore it's beginning to cause pain where its itchy. It gets me down as I feel like I'm constantly having to cover up infront of my friends who have the perfect skin or I feel like I'm constantly being starred at like I've got some hideous contagious disease. I'd love to be able to wear shorts or dresses again especially after the heat we've experienced but spent most of it covered up. Can anyone give me some advice on remedies or what to do. My doctor seems to always fob me off with steroid creams and never wants to see me just wants me to send pictures. Much love fellow psoriasis sufferers xx

Posted Thu 8 Sep 2022 14.25 by Psoriasis Association (Admin)Mod - from Northampton, UK
Patient Advocacy and Communications Manager at the Psoriasis Association

Hi Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing discomfort of late and your psoriasis is not improving. If you'd like any information or support regarding psoriasis and treatments, you are more than welcome to contact the Psoriasis Association's confidential helpline and have a chat with one of our team. You can reach us either by phone on 01604 251620, email at: mail@psoriasis-association.org.uk or WhatsApp on 07387716439. Hope that you weill find some relief soon. Best Wishes Laura Psoriasis Association

To take part, sign in or register with us