Success with UVB therapy?

Posted Thu 6 Oct 2022 12.23 by Sarbie

Hi there, I am on the waiting list for NHS UVB therapy but as I don't know long the wait will be I have decided to get private treatment. I have had plaque psoriasis, scalp psoriasis for nearly 3 years and guttate psoriasis for the last 6 months after I stopped using steroid topical treatment. My first UVB session was only for 32 seconds and I know it can take several weeks but I am looking to see if anyone has had real success with this treatment. 2 previous episodes eventually cleared by themselves when I removed myself from stressful work situations but this time it is having the psoriasis that is causing the stress!

Posted Fri 7 Oct 2022 00.53 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

I have had two lots of NUVB under the NHS. The first worked great, clear for about three months. The second not so good I ended in one of the worst flares I have had. Then put on systemics to help the flare. Good luck

Posted Sat 15 Oct 2022 15.38 by Fabio116
Yes, all my life.

Same here, I have done UVB 3 times, apart from exhaustion of going to hospital 3 x week, i had skin clear for a few months, then it comes back. Good luck to you, it me be different. Fabio

To take part, sign in or register with us