Facial psoriasis

Posted Thu 10 Nov 2022 14.05 by josh93

Eumovate has stopped working on my facial psoriasis. Is their anything else I could try? Have been waiting 8 months for a dermatology appointment and doesn't look like I will get the golden ticket to an appointment anytime soon. I read some american's saying they use Tacrolimus/Protopic ointment, have also purchased a handheld uvb lamp (although the handheld uvb lamp was ineffective last time I tried, but desperate for a clear face so I don't become an agoraphobic depressive again) Other than eumovate, protopic and handheld uvb, what else could I try on my face that I could get from a GP?

Posted Sun 13 Nov 2022 14.41 by josh93

Lifes not worth living with severe psoriasis

Posted Sun 13 Nov 2022 20.22 by TCNZ

For facial psoriasis, I have encouraging experience with "Advantan Cream" (Methylprednisolone aceponate 0.1% w/w), ask your GP for prescription. It is a small 15g tube which last for months. Mine brought complete relief within 2 weeks (quite severe case). Though it comes back infrequently, repeat application still does the job (clear face). No other medication that I tried was effective to the least degree. Cheers and think positive.

Posted Mon 14 Nov 2022 09.40 by psoriasis association (admin)Mod

Hi All, We have a confidential helpline for anyone who is looking for more support with their psoriasis. One of our friendly advisors will do their best to help. You can get in touch by phone on 01604 251 620, email at mail@psoriasis-association.org.uk or WhatsApp on 07387 716 439. Best wishes, Georgia

To take part, sign in or register with us