Covid and psoriasis

Posted Fri 2 Dec 2022 22.43 by BellaMella

Did having covid change your psoriasis? My plaque psoriasis looks more like guttate psoriasis. I'm only on day two of Covid.

Posted Fri 2 Dec 2022 22.44 by BellaMella

And if so, how long did the change last and how did you treat it?

Posted Mon 5 Dec 2022 19.40 by michelle373
I have had psoriasis for 24 years.

Hi, I had 4th covid jab and then had covid for the 3rd time.My psoriasis has flared up massively I have it everywhere so much so I have decided creams lotions etc is just not doing anything anymore.So I've decided after 33 years on creams to reluctantly try methotrexate.I hope yours improves for you,I know how upsetting it is.Take care I wish you well.

Posted Mon 5 Dec 2022 20.56 by BellaMella (edited Mon 5 Dec 2022 20.57 by BellaMella)

I used to have it everywhere too, I also tried methotraxate. It was a hard decision for me too to move to such a strong medication. Eventually I went to even stronger, Ustikinumab/Stelara as I didn't get on well with Methotrexate. But it cleared up my psoriasis for the many years I was on it. Have you tried bath PUVA? It worked very well for me too. Good luck!

Posted Tue 6 Dec 2022 21.25 by BellaMella

For anyone who comes across this thread in the future, please note this website of the British Association of Dermatologists documents the skin conditions that can appear alongside covid: https://covidskinsigns.com/

Posted Thu 8 Dec 2022 09.29 by Tatia

Hi - oh I hear you. I posted the very same question in the summer. Three weeks after contracting Covid, I developed guttate style psoriasis - spots everywhere also where I usually do not have psoriasis. Dr gave me Dovobet but it kept flaring up. After 2-3 months it started to disappear and now 5 months later I am back to my usual plaque p. To be honest, I think my friend was right when she said she thought it was Pityriasis rosea... which is linked to viral infections. My skin was left really bumpy and not nice but this has helped my legs where I don't usually have any psoriasis: ISdin Ureadin Ultra 10 Lotion Plus and on some patches I used Ureadin Ultra 20 Cream. I hope it passes soon - t.

To take part, sign in or register with us