Tacrolimus

Posted Tue 20 Dec 2022 20.02 by Sarbie

Hi there, I have just recently been prescribed Tacrolimus by my dermatologist. I haven't started using yet as I wanted to see if anyone else has used it and if it was helpful.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 2022 20.37 by Sharon J.

This non-steroid ointment worked wonders on the psoriasis on my eyelids and ears. The rash was mild, granted: however, it cleared it up within the week. I hope you're successful.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 2022 20.54 by Sarbie

Thank you for your reply Sharon. I have been prescribed for groin area. Someone on this forum said it made them feel run down hence why I have held off using it. Currently using Trimovate on this area.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 2022 21.32 by Sharon J.

You're welcome. Hang in there.

Posted Sun 25 Dec 2022 17.20 by Jayxx

I use it and it's great. No side effects that I know of. Initially, when I've not used it for a while you have a warm sensation but once you're used to it, you won't notice it. For me, it keeps it all at bay, especially the groin and genital areas. If I could use it on my scalp, i would but it's just too thick to apply.

Posted Tue 27 Dec 2022 11.20 by Sarbie

Hi Jay, thank you for your reply. I was wondering about the warm sensation but at least I know it's normal now! I am using uvb at home so my dermatologist has said to use only on the days I don't use uvb. I like that this ointment is non steroid. I'm glad it's working for you. Take care, Caroline

Posted Mon 2 Jan 2023 16.09 by Conniepr

I was prescribed this for my face and saw results in a week. You need to pay attention to the list of side effects, though. I was worried it would make my cold sores flare up so I stopped using the cream as soon as I could. The psoriasis on my face has not come back yet, thankfully.

Posted Mon 2 Jan 2023 19.19 by Sarbie

Hi Conniepr, Thanks for your reply. How long has it been since you stopped using it? I have been mainly been prescribed this ( mid Dec 2022) for the inner thigh and bottom area. I also use on my ears. As I am treating myself with a uvb unit at home I have been told only to use it on the days I don't have light therapy. It does seem quite effective although I haven't used it regularly and I like that it is non steroid.

Posted Mon 2 Jan 2023 21.06 by Conniepr

I was given the prescription in Dec 2022 as well, or maybe mid to late November.

Posted Mon 19 Jun 2023 18.43 by sam2808

Hi Sarbie, How did you get on with the Tacrolimus in the end?

To take part, sign in or register with us