Worried about cost of treatment

Posted Thu 19 Jan 2023 16.44 by MrWilsonWilson

Hey everybody, I may move soon to the UK, from Hong Kong where I get my Guselkumab(TREMFYA) injections about 800£ a month, it has worked very well for the past 2 years and I now could barely imagine living without it. With that said, I am worried of the cost of it in the UK and was wondering if anybody had an idea of the range of discount or price that I should know to help me process and ancitipate, I would be so very thankful. I haven't had any luck using the search function. Thank you everybody for taking the time and stay strong in your battles ! Cheers

Posted Tue 24 Jan 2023 09.44 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Hello Mr Wilson, I am sure you will have a lot to do in planning for your move but planning your health care is an important factor. In the UK under the NHS most medications if approved by the health authority (NICE) are either the cost of a prescription I.e about £10 or certain medicines it is free to the patient. When I say free nothing is free as tax payers pay into the NHS through wages. Anyway before you leave Hong Kong I would be checking with the authorities if you will get an NHS number, register with a GP and how you get registered with a dermatologist. Try to get a copy of yours and families medical records to pass over to the GP/dermatologist in the UK. Hope your move goes well.

To take part, sign in or register with us