can meds suddenly stop working

Posted Mon 23 Jan 2023 23.32 by Pearl

Hi everyone, I've been on Otezla since May last year and it was working fine most of my psoriasis had disappeared I felt great for the first time in years then around December my psoriasis started coming back now I'm covered again plus I've another rash that appeared so dermatologist has taken biopsies to distinguish between the two rashes, says you can have two types of psoriasis or psoriasis and eczema at same time meanwhile treatment halted while waiting for results ,anyone experience similar any advice would be appreciated I've had psoriasis for twelve years now many thanks

Posted Tue 24 Jan 2023 08.57 by Steview (edited Tue 24 Jan 2023 09.05 by Steview)
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Sorry to hear about your relapse and the drug stop working. Yes you can have different types of P plus P and Eczema. Once a medication stops then the dermatologist/rheumatologist will look at the next option usually following a protocol of topicals, light treatment, systemic then biologics. I have read posts from patients that they are working through a number of biologic treatments after each has failed. Hope you get something that works again.

To take part, sign in or register with us