Enstilar - weird reaction

Posted Mon 13 Feb 2023 16.03 by Cindy

Hi everyone, I'm new to the group, but very happy to have found this... as I've only recently been diagnosed with P (again after 30 years - mine seems to be hormonal)... I didn't have many issues with it.... didn't look nice (in my genital area YAY, wish it could have been scalp again), but wasn't too itchy or too large... So I got diagnosed and got Enstilar prescribed.... unfortunately after 7 days of using it... overnight my couple of small patches and slight inverse rash around the tops of my legs changed into one big red and raised area... basically all of my lower abdomen all the way to the other side (sitting is such a joy right now). Has anyone has this happen to them? Dermatologist thinks there might be an additional infection, so after much asking and pushing he's now prescribed me with Trimovate.... which I shall be able to start using on Thursday.... and which I soooo hope will help, because this is probably the most uncomfortable I've ever been. But at the moment something seems to be happening, as my completely red patches are now red outlines with pink inside... is this healing?? I'm sorry for the stupid question, but only ever having had it on my scalp, I have no idea what it should look like.... Thanks for any advice/help!

Posted Sun 21 May 2023 22.50 by LondonWest
Had P on and off for many years 🤗

Enstilar did help but the side effects i found was a rash around my genital region also enstilar gave boils i don’t use it now the rash subsides after stopping enstilar but it takes months to finally clear

To take part, sign in or register with us