Stelara new user

Posted Tue 14 Feb 2023 10.23 by Anotheruser

Hi, not one to normally post or write on these things but thought I’d see how it goes. Had guttate psoriasis for many years, since I was about 16 until now “23” I’ve been on many things I.e UV (worked for short period), methotrexate (didn’t work), cyclorine(worked) and now I’m on Stelara. I had my first injection 2 weeks ago and haven’t noticed any difference, after seeing other peoples “quick results” within 2 weeks. I am starting to feel dishearten with it but seeing if other people have had the same and it started to work for them just a bit later? I know it’s still early days on the medication but would like to hear (hopefully) some good news, to give me some hope for this. I am fully aware of the risks of Stelara and done much research but as anyone with P knows, they are more than likely happy to take that risk at a chance for a happier outlook. I think I may use this as my blog, that could hopefully help people in the future who have a similar issue. Thanks,

Posted Wed 15 Feb 2023 08.20 by Anotheruser

Update: So I know it’s only been a day and I definitely won’t do daily updates, as that would definitely not be useful. However, at this moment in time I’m finding comfort in writing my experience. I would say today is better than yesterday, skin feels smoother. This could be a result of me starting and using aveeno body wash and moisturiser. This really has helped with the itchiness my skin has been since starting Stelara. Stelara has provided me with little/to none side effects. Just hoping to see some results soon! I guess it’s still early days, just mainly want my face to clear up if anything. Would really like to hear from other users or anyone with a similar situation, if anyone does read this. Thanks

Posted Wed 15 Feb 2023 11.08 by Tracyjane

Hi there, My 14 year old son has been suffering quite badly for around three years. atm he’s on cyclosporine. He’s been on it for around 4 months & keeps getting a sore throat & cough. Last week his temperature was up & his throat was really bad & we end up in hospital overnight. He had strep. Now off the cyclosporine for 2 weeks of antibiotics, the second lots since he’s been in it. Like you his face has flared. I have contacted his dermatologist about the possibility of going on a biologic. I feel bad about this as he’s so young but he’s so self conscious & doesn’t want to go to school. My heart bleeds for him & others I just wish they would come up with a cure 😢

Posted Wed 15 Feb 2023 11.18 by Anotheruser (edited Wed 15 Feb 2023 11.19 by Anotheruser)

Hi, Thanks for the reply, Sorry to hear about your son, sounds very similar to what happened to me at the same age. I must admit, when I was a lad at his age, I very self conscious. I stopped playing sports, Kept everything to myself and bottled up. However, I’ve got better with talking about it as I’ve got older and handled it more. Unfortunately, it’s just learning to live with it. The good thing is there are multiple options for your son, so you are doing everything right. Always here if you have any questions, as I’m still young myself and most likely been through what he’s going through. All the best

Posted Wed 15 Feb 2023 11.53 by Tracyjane

Bless your heart, Thankyou x

Posted Tue 21 Feb 2023 11.16 by Anotheruser

UPDATE: So 3 weeks in from my first injection, and my face have pretty much cleared up. This was the main thing for me, as my face really affected my confidence, so seeing that clear is great news. My body is smoothing out and looks like the medication is doing something. I have my next jab booked in Monday, so looking very good. I spoke with my derm who advised enstilar foam will help give it a boost, which was definitely right. I haven’t experienced any side effects, other than some itchiness at the start but as said previous aveeno body wash and moisturiser helped stop this pretty quick. On to the next jab! I will update after that has been given, unless anything else happens (fingers crossed all is well).

Posted Tue 21 Feb 2023 13.59 by Tracyjane

Hello again, This is great news. Can I ask are you in the U.K. I’ve actually been reading about stelera, it seems that children can take it.

Posted Tue 21 Feb 2023 14.02 by Anotheruser

Hi again, Hope the lad is better! Yes I’m U.K. so get this free through the NHS. Maybe worth asking about it to the derm. Hope this helps.

Posted Tue 21 Feb 2023 15.17 by Tracyjane

Hi I am going to do this. Do you think it’s better that cyclosporine, not as in affectivness but safety ? Sorry for the questions xx

Posted Tue 21 Feb 2023 15.28 by Anotheruser

Mm difficult to say but there is definitely a reason why cyclosporine is short term and Stelara is longer. Don’t worry, fire away as many questions as you have.

Posted Tue 21 Feb 2023 15.35 by Tracyjane

Ah Thankyou I’ll be back 😊 to see how you’re getting on

Posted Sat 4 Mar 2023 15.57 by Tracyjane

Hi, How’s things. Have you seen any improvement in your skin. Have you had any side effects. My son has an appointment with his Dermatologist on Tuesday hopefully we can discuss alternative treatment.

Posted Sat 4 Mar 2023 16.15 by Sandie

I was diagnosed with P aged 10. Lived with it and coped for 63 years but following Covid booster I was covered, head to foot. In short Enstilar and Exorex have bought me back to ‘usual’ state. One thing I have been 100% committed to since seeing a private dermatologist, is using nothing else on my skin except DoubleBase. I wash with it and moisturise with it. I miss perfumed stuff but it’s too much of a risk. I miss frothy girlie baths but I don’t want to risk the wins I’ve achieved. Hope this helps someone x

Posted Sat 4 Mar 2023 17.33 by Tracyjane

Hi Sandie, 63 years, wow that’s a long battle. Thank you for your post & yes only unpurfumed products for sure x

Posted Mon 10 Apr 2023 10.48 by Tracyjane

Hi Anotheruser, how’s things , how are you getting in with stellara ? My son is now on methrotrexate but have been told that he has a score of 10.4 so would be viable for biologics x

To take part, sign in or register with us