Scalp and ears....

Posted Mon 20 Feb 2023 02.43 by Mkfifi
Hey Everyone, I'm Fiona from Milton Keynes, I'm a Duty Manager in a independent living development

Omg!!!!! I need advice PLEASE...... my scalp has been on and off for years but obviously the older I'm getting the worse it's getting but now it's affecting my ears and face really really bad, some days it looks like I have 3rd degree burns on my face and it hurts so much!!! My ears are constantly itchy deep inside so end up poking cotton bud in ear to try and scratch it but I know it's not good that way!!! Any advise to this newbie would be welcomed with open arms. Thank you in advance xx

Posted Mon 20 Feb 2023 16.43 by SheilaM

I get psoriasis in my hair and ears too, using scalp lotions and use dovebet or betinsol scalp lotions also a coal tar based shampoo just keeps on top of it . Use scalp lotion round my ears good luck but see your gp and ask them for advice from dermatologist

Posted Tue 21 Feb 2023 17.38 by shaz60

Personally, coal tar based products don't suit me at all, which is why I too am struggling to manage my scalp problem. I have always had great success with 'Eumovate' for my ears & generally they clear quickly with this cream. Don't push a cotton tip in your ears - ever! My Doc says to put a little vaseline on your finger tip and rub around to prevent the dryness/itchiness. As for your face, I'm not sure. I was using 0.5% hydrocortisone cream (which worked!) but now Doc is prescribing 2% nizoral which is pretty useless for me. Hope this can help.x

Posted Tue 21 Feb 2023 20.00 by bargainlovingmum

I'm so sorry you've got this tough situation - really hope mild (or stronger?) steroids can help. They've helped me a bit, too on my face. For a more gentle thing, I find Lyonsleaf Calendula and Marshmallow balm really nice on my eye lids when my skin flares, and under my eyes, too. It might be good on ears, too, and I reckon maybe more soothing than vaseline, if I had to guess. It also helps the personal dermatitis I get around my nose area (redness and wee spots). Let us know how you get on and all the very best with things x

To take part, sign in or register with us