Eumovate availability

Posted Tue 28 Feb 2023 19.45 by Ck58

I’ve been using Eumovate on and off for a while now and it usually clears up a flare up after 3-4 days. But I am now unable to get it anywhere. Pharmacies are unable to fulfill prescriptions, never mind buying it over the counter. Is this a common problem? Can anyone suggest alternatives for use in sensitive areas?

Posted Wed 1 Mar 2023 13.14 by OhNo_NotAgain?

I use Trimovate and Elecon in my groin. Trimovater has steroid but also an anti-fungal and anti-bacterial component. A couple of years ago Trimovate was taken off the NHS list, and not all pharmacies carried stock. One local pharmacy told me that my GP was "not allowed" to prescribe it and tried to confiscate the prescription. I did not allow that. Afterwards I was able to get Trimovate from Boots. BUT I was advised that it was temporarily removed from the NHS lists that GPs are supposed to use, which meant that the price to the Practice was significantly higher than normal. The Pharmacist staff at Boots simply phoned the practice and confirmed that the GP specifically wanted this item to be prescribed. I was issued with 2 tubes. A few months later Trimovate was back on the NHS lists.

To take part, sign in or register with us