Amgevita - is it working?

Posted Mon 13 Mar 2023 12.45 by DirectAddress

Hi everyone, I started Amgevita on Friday. It's been a two year battle with psorasis and psoriatic arthritis to finally get here, and the last 6 weeks with no medication has been horrendous. I've been struggling to go anywhere and I've been signed off work until the end of the month as the pain was just so awful I couldn't focus. I seem to be already feeling quite a bit better. It feels like the swelling in my knee in particular has gone down, and whilst my joints aren't feeling 'normal', I'm already feeling like I can move about the house and the stairs a lot better than I was even yesterday. My skin isn't good either, but it doesn't feel like it's getting any worse which it has been for a while. I want this to work, but I don't want to give myself false hope. Is it possible that the Amgevita is really starting to make such a difference after jsut a couple of days already? I'm curious for anyone else who has taken it, what type of signs did you feel that it was or wasn't working in the early stages?

Posted Mon 13 Mar 2023 14.42 by Robbo1958

I started Amgevita on the 9th January this year and like you I was a total mess for the period where I had no medication that was working. My skin was everything you described and everywhere except my face. I am now 9 weeks in and whilst that may seem a million miles away for you (as it did for me) I did start seeing small improvements day by day and after a couple of weeks, I had lost the itch, the plaques got less and less, the cracks in my skin disappeared and I had no side effects from Amgevita. 🤞 It is working for me although I still have patches where it flares as it comes round to needing the next injection but it is minimal after what I have been through. I hope it works for you. Good luck

To take part, sign in or register with us