Psoriasis slowly clearing

Posted Fri 31 Mar 2023 07.50 by Angus Hay

I have been following these forums for a while but this is the first time i have written anything. I suffer with patches down my arms, a few patches on my shoulders, back and some quite nasty patches on my head and in my ears. I am lucky that it has never been itchy, just dealing with the unsightly patches and dry skin everywhere. The doctors have been useless, even paying for a dermatologist who was also useless. I therefore turned online to try and find answer to getting rid of this horrible disease! I began trying a few alternative treatments and began to loose hope that it was never going to improve. I have a good diet, mostly veggie, dont eat that much sugar and an enjoy a few drinks at the weekend. I found out that I am a coeliac At Christmas so have been gluten free since. Recently, my psoriasis seems to be slowly clearing, I am not taking any medication but have been taking/trying a few things read online/on here. As mentioned I have given up gluten but I have been taking vitamin D/turmeric and milk thistle tablets daily for about the last 2 months. Apart from this I have began having a few baths a week in Dead Sea salts. I can’t tell you if/what has helped but I hope it will completely clear at which point I will wean myself off each supplement. Anyone else had experience with anything above? Will update you all if I can narrow down with what has been effective. Good luck everyone!

Posted Fri 31 Mar 2023 10.15 by Paddy

I take milk thistle and vitamin D also the sun definitely helps

Posted Fri 31 Mar 2023 10.29 by Annette

I just started taking Milk Thistle Tincture this morning. I've taken Vitamin D (since start of covid), and Turmeric daily for a couple years now. I never had any psoriasis in my life until late last year so I'm not sure how much they help really but of course I am still taking them anyway. Good luck Angus!

Posted Fri 31 Mar 2023 10.37 by Angus Hay

Hi Annette, I was the same, I am 30 and I seemed to develop it last year/18 months ago. I would give Dead Sea bath salts a go!

Posted Fri 31 Mar 2023 10.47 by Annette

Hi Angus, yes I alternate between Dead Sea and Epsom salts when I get the opportunity to have a bath :) I also follow many of the principles of Hanna Sillitoe whom I read about on this forum. Currently on my second week doing a 100% committed detox. It's not easy but I see improvement, particularly on my hands and feet which were the most debilitating for everyday living. Like you I am planning to try a process of elimination both food and supplement wise if I ever manage to get clear again. Good luck to us both :)

Posted Fri 31 Mar 2023 22.15 by VARSHA P

Hi Annette I have psoriasis since last 30 years. Trying to eliminate gluten. But it's hard. Can you please share your way of detox. Currently applying tacrolimus. But want to get rid of this now as very tired. Your suggestion might help me Thanks

Posted Fri 31 Mar 2023 22.18 by VARSHA P

Hi Angus Very happy for you. Atleast you found a way which helps you. I am also trying to eliminate gluten. Buts it's hard for me as being Asian rely on rotis. In last week I was 80% gluten free. So this week my aim is to go 100%. Taking vitamin D Can you please tell me what mg og vitamin D are you taking? I have psoriasis in same places as you have. Thanks

Posted Fri 31 Mar 2023 23.03 by Annette

Hi Varsha, Strictly plant or fruit (excl citrus fruits), herbal tea, no dairy etc Absolutely nothing else goes past my lips. Am I enjoying it? Absolutely not, but since my psoriasis appeared from nowhere I'm hoping it disappears back there. Hopefully I'll get clear and will then reintroduce a more normal diet bit by bit to see if I can identify any triggers. Also stopped using the paraffin/petroleum emollients and creams and a friend made me natural replacement with shea butter and jojoba oil. Good luck!

Posted Sat 1 Apr 2023 09.26 by VARSHA P

You are doing great. All the best, and hope it gets clear soon. Keep us all posted so we all can learn and help ourselves. Take care

Posted Sun 16 Apr 2023 17.02 by Annette (edited Sun 16 Apr 2023 17.09 by Annette)

Back with an update... After 4 weeks of the strict eating plan I mentioned above(I won't say diet as that implies end goal is weight loss which it wasn't) my hands are almost back to normal🤞, just red now but smooth and no more cracking or excess skin cells growing! I can't express how much of a relief it is to be able to use my hands normally again!🥳 My feet are also very much improved but not as good as my hands....yet! My lower legs and my lower arms are still the same and indeed new little bits are still appearing now and again. 😕 Bonus is a 12lb weight loss, down to 9st.😃 Still not enjoying it but thankfully my head is in the right place to really focus on the end goal! Also haven't used any GP prescription items in the month.. No steroids or nasty paraffin /petroleum creams. Everything 100% organic. Also bathing at least twice a week alternating between Epsom salts and Dead Sea salts.

To take part, sign in or register with us