Methotrexate treatment

Posted Thu 13 Apr 2023 08.25 by Ksmith82

I’ve been prescribed methotrexate and have been using for the past 3 wks. My psaorisis is really sore and appears to have got worse, but not sure if that’s because it’s got to get worse before it gets better. The plaques are scaling at a much faster rate, and are much bigger in size. Trying not to pick but it’s almost impossible with the rate they are appearing. I’ve also got new plaques in my scalp etc but again, not sure if it’s everything “growing out”. I suffer really bad with it on my hands and it’s becoming an issue grabbing things when it gets so tight, and the skin on my palm is almost translucent. I’ve also noticed my thumb joint becoming painful as though it arthritis, but it’s only happened since starting medication. Has anyone else had the same experience on methotrexate and did it eventually get better?

Posted Thu 13 Apr 2023 09.47 by Tracyjane

Hi, My son has been on cyclosporine and is now been put on methrotrexate. He’s on both at the moment weening himself off the cyclosporine but his face has started to flare. He’s only been taking the methrotrexate for a month. I’ve heard it can take up to 4 months to start working & about 50/60 % of working. The dermatologist said that he fits the criteria for biologics if this doesn’t work. He’s only 15 yrs old x

To take part, sign in or register with us