Ayurveda and psoriasis

Posted Fri 28 Apr 2023 18.17 by Fabio116
Yes, all my life.

I have had psoriasis all my life and have tried every possible treatment. Last year I went to Sri Lanka for 2 weeks Ayurvedic treatment. It wasn’t easy but absolutely worth it. Ayurveda comes from India and is a totally wholistic method of treating chronic diseases. After an initial consultation the doctor will prescribe all natural treatments including: acupuncture, massage with herbal oils, application of herbal pastes and even a herbal bath. In addition, you have to detox’s completely by eating the prescribed diet, drinking numerous herbal potions several times a day, plus yoga and meditation. On one of the days you do induced vomiting (I know not pleasant but), the diet is entirely designed to your specific requirements to determine your Dosha or body type according to the Ayurveda system of medicine which is 5000 years old. I came back to the UK and have continued with the diet and it’s working magic, I am clear as I have never been. It does require a lot of effort in adjusting your diet, but for me it’s worth it and has become my normal day to day routine. I would highly recommend it to everyone and it’s all natural. I am going back at least once a year (to India this time) and I have even found a Ayurvedic doctor near me in London for local treatments. Fabio

Posted Fri 28 Apr 2023 19.18 by VARSHA P

Really happy for you. I am having Psorisis all my life. I am also have ayurvedic medicine from Ayurvedic Dr in India. But it is not working. Can you please guide me about diet you take. I have vatta and pitta dosha. It would be very helpful if you share it please. Thanks

Posted Sat 29 Apr 2023 07.43 by Fabio116
Yes, all my life.

Hi VARSHA, thanks for your reply. First of all, have you done Panchakarma? This is the full detox treatment that is the start of Ayurveda process. I am predominant Pitta type, what about you. The doctor will have to determine your diet type. For me this is no gluten, no dairy, no alcohol, no coffee, no nightshade vegetables (potatoes, peppers, tomatoes and aubergine). I drink herbal teas to detox all day, no cold drinks. My Ayurvedic doctor in a london has given me tablets to take twice x day, i also take Tumeric, omega 3 and neem tablets every day. I do yoga and meditation regularly. Without understanding fully what kind of Ayurveda treatment you do, it’s difficult to say. I spent 2 weeks doing panchakarma in Sri Lanka, it was hard but worth it. The secret is to stick to the diet and do all the treatments when you come back. Hope this helps. Fabio

Posted Fri 5 May 2023 09.30 by VARSHA P

Thankyou so much for your detailed reply. I have cut gluten, coffee and nightshade but it is dairy giving me hard time. I so use to drinking Indian tea that just nit able to quit. If you don't mind can you tell which omega 3 you are taking. I also take neem tablets and I incorporate turmeric in my diet being Indian. Just cannot see light to the end if tunnel at the moment. Thankyou so much

Posted Fri 5 May 2023 09.39 by Fabio116
Yes, all my life.

Hi, You need to cut dairy completely, only drink oat milk, almond or soya milk. Only cheese allowed is goat cheese. I take omega 3 nutravita 2000 mg from Amazon, nothing special. But I am also taking Ayurvedic tablets prescribed to me by my Indian doctor in London twice x day and I use a skin lotion every day called Bhuhath danthapala Thailand, I think you can find it here. Have you done panchakarma to yet? You need to do this and see a Ayurvedic doctor or go to India for 2-3 weeks. I’m going back next January for 3 weeks. It’s difficult to do this by yourself. Good luck, Fabio

Posted Fri 5 May 2023 09.47 by VARSHA P

I am taking Ayurvedic tablets which are given by Ayurvedic Dr from India. Never done Panchakarma. I am also pitta type. Trying to find center in London where they do panchakarma. Yes today last cup of tea and will promise myself. Is herbal tea and green tea same? I tried twinings green tea. Thanks

Posted Fri 5 May 2023 09.53 by Fabio116
Yes, all my life.

Taking tablets is not sufficient, you need a proper consultation with Ayurvedic doctor and total detox through panchakarma first, then recommended diet by the doctor, and treatment afterwards. Some panchakarma treatments are not allowed in the UK, and it’s very expensive here so your best option is to travel foto India if you can, particularly Kerala where Ayurveda comes from. There are many centres there and also in Sri Lanka like Barberyn beach resorts, I went there last year, they did a very good job. I avoid all acidic and inflammatory drinks and foods every day. I drink fennel tea, jasmine tea and green tea to detox the body. Black tea is also possible. Next year I am going to India for 3 weeks at Sitaram beach resort in Kerala. Fabio

Posted Fri 5 May 2023 09.58 by VARSHA P

Yes I saw it is very expensive in UK. I am having consultation withe the Dr and then he send me medication. He us good Dr but yes as you said Panchakarma is must which I will definitely consider. But due to commitments of kids it becomes difficult. But till then diet, yoga and medication. Thankyou so much. Sometimes little motivation goes long way.

Posted Sun 7 May 2023 16.58 by LaughingFlea

Hi there, Is Panchakarma possible if you take medication prescribed by a GP? I am Pitta-Vat dosha, but I am afraid to do any detox due to medicines I take every day. Probably, I need the detox even more, but.. Thank you.

Posted Tue 9 May 2023 14.04 by Fabio116
Yes, all my life.

Hi there, I take prescribed medicines too, I don’t see why not. You need to discuss your specific condition with your Ayurvedic doctor first. Fabio

To take part, sign in or register with us