How long did methotrexate take to work

Posted Thu 18 May 2023 15.27 by Ksmith82

Hi, Anyone taking methotrexate that has seen improvements, how long did it take to see these? I’m currently taking methotrexate and on my 9th week, and I’ve not seen any improvements to my skin. The hospital said it could be up to 4 months, but I’ve not seen any change and have only experienced more discomfort and more patches since starting treatment. TIA

Posted Sat 27 May 2023 20.30 by michelle373
I have had psoriasis for 24 years.

Hi,I started on 10mg once a week at the beginning of December last year,I started to notice an improvement in about 4 weeks and it improved dramatically.I then started to get patches coming back in April so dose went up to 12.5mg,more patches are coming back.Dont get me wrong my psoriasis was really bad ( I had a bad flare up due to covid and covid vaccination I believe) so some patches I can live with but was hoping to be psoriasis free this summer.My bloods so far have been OK.Hope you get a good result,good luck!

Posted Sat 3 Jun 2023 15.42 by Lyndsie

Hey! I’ve had psoriasis since I was about a year old, had all the treatments and suffered head to toe, constant pain until I started MTX about 4 years ago! Took about 9 months and 3 increases for me to start seeing(and feeling!) a difference, so stick with it! Getting bloods constantly is a nightmare, but it’s amazing when it starts calming down. I still need to keep on top of it with Enstillar and all the creams, but it’s manageable now! Stick with it and keep your dermatologist/rheumatologist up to date with your progress! They’ll get you to a point where you’ll see the benefit of it 😎 Hope all goes well and let us know how you get on!

To take part, sign in or register with us