New here... inverse psoriasis

1 Posted Wed 24 May 2023 08.09 by Lovingox24 (edited Wed 24 May 2023 10.29 by Lovingox24)

Hello everyone! Super new here and to psoriasis really. 33 year young woman! I have what the gp believes may be flexural psoriasis around my anus. 8 weeks ago I noticed a rash around my anal area- self treated with canestan with no impact really. Went to the GP who precribed trimovate for 2 weeks - had another review with a different gp who prescribed timodine for another 2 weeks- improvement made with this cream 3x daily but he has said i can't be on it any longer due to potential for skin thinning. He has precribed miconizole for 4 weeks now. He has said if it hasn't gone completely in this time he will referr to dermatology. Is this all primary care can offer? It will be such a long wait on the list to see dermo. I have been off the trimovate 3 days and its already making a recurrence and I can see any improvement dwindling!!! Has this happened to anyone else ? Can it decline like this after stopping the trimovate? Its so disheartening. Coupled with the embarrassment it isn't pleasant. I have some trimovate left and wonder if I should use this once a day to wean off? Any ideas or personal experience? Thank you!!! 💛

Posted Wed 24 May 2023 08.25 by skin
Yes

I think occasional use of trimovate is OK. A suggestion is use ZERODERM ointment regularly. Don't use anything containing zinc oxide, because unless the area is washed often, then it builds up on the surface of the skin and in my opinion causes itching. +=+ And get onto the waiting list to see a consultant dermatologist.

Posted Wed 24 May 2023 08.59 by Ianhski

You can take or leave this suggestion of course... I am a fairly long term Psoriasis victim, getting referrals to dermatologist is possible but takes an age and in my case I got referred for UVB light therapy a couple of times which worked, my patches are all over my body and on the scale of things compared to pictures of other I have seen is pretty mild, nonetheless its there. During lockdown, I gave up on trying to get to hostpital to see the dermatologist again and went ahead and bought my own UVB Light unit for a couple of thousand £. And it works, I use it now and then as needed and can 'top up' . But thats not my point, I recently discovered on YouTube that there is / may be a strong link between gut health and many auto immune complaints including Psoriasis. I happen to have started a Keto regime for weight loss and have noticed improvement in my Psoriasis - coincidence? I haven't used my light unit yet this year. I also take Vitamin D3 & K2 tablets, it takes a while to build up in your body, its totally safe. I take 3 x 4000 IU tablets a day. Most humans have insufficient Vitamin D. If you try 3 safe things, it might help and into the bargain you will probably lose lots of body fat as well as other benefits, I figure its worth a try. Good luck either way.

Posted Mon 5 Jun 2023 23.34 by Yacht

Not sure I'd be loading up on 3 times the *maximum* daily recommended vitamin D dose of 4000 IU! https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/how-much-vitamin-d-is-too-much#TOC_TITLE_HDR_4

Posted Tue 6 Jun 2023 11.49 by Ianhski

Hi Yacht, Fairly early on in that article they do say ... "There is some disagreement on how much vitamin D is optimal for health. Other experts, such as the Endocrine Society, say that the desired range is 40–60 ng/mL (11Trusted Source)." And I have found and heard of several examples where VERY high levels of Vitamin D were administered - including for the treatment of Covid so my point is we can keep applying Steroids or do something else. we have Psoriasis after all and Vitamin D has a big part in that and very likely so does gut health. as I said from the onset - you can take or leave the suggestion but its an opportunity for people to research. Others that I know with Psoriasis will, like me, try anything, good luck with yours.

Posted Tue 6 Jun 2023 12.25 by Ianhski

I should add that to prevent the possibility of Vitamin D Toxiticy I shall be asking Dr for a blood test to include Vitamin D levels at my next screening. Also, if we started out being deficient which is highly likely in UK then it can take a year to build up even on high doses so I am certainly not panicking any time soon, particularly as in the short term at least the increased dose may be helping as I have significant improvement but I am also essentially on a Keto programme and introducing intermittent fasting (time restricted eating) so any or all could be helping. Oh and I am losing unwanted fat and my sporting activities are improving. Improving your diet can only be good, cutting out sugar and all the carbs you can has a massive effect but you need to teach your body to use fat burning so you don't get cravings and hunger. Lots of Drs on YouTube to get you started. And take at least some Vitamin D supplement BUT ensure you get the tabs with K2 to ensure its not stuck in the blood and gets diverted to bones.

To take part, sign in or register with us