Otezla

Posted Sun 11 Jun 2023 21.36 by Kevin. Y

Hello I’ve had psoriasis for about 40 years now I am now 51 I’ve been in hospital in late 80s and early 90s three times in total and for about two to three weeks each time on dithronal cream . I get p pretty bad . after dithronal was discontinued was the best thing to happen to me because it made me look for a different way to manage. I had appointments with my dermatology who gave me otezla . Been on otezla for about 5 months now and I have been completely clear for about 2 months no side affects for me at all . so for me otezla has really really worked I just thought I would write this in the hope that it can work for another p sufferer

Posted Mon 12 Jun 2023 08.22 by jaykowe

I had been using it Otezla (Aprimalist) for 3 weeks but suddenly one day i had too much pain below my left year and also experience weight loss of 3Kg, So my Doctor discontinued it.

Posted Tue 20 Jun 2023 22.44 by Ld1609

Hi Kevin, i am also on Otezla, to treat my pso which i have had for 21 years. But i have to say i am thinking of asking to come off of it as it is effecting my mental health negatively (a side effect which was explained to me by my derm). Can i ask how long you were on Otezla before your pso cleared up? Many thanks, Leanne

Posted Wed 21 Jun 2023 21.26 by Kevin. Y

Hi ld609 sorry to hear that otezla is affecting your mental health. I would say it’s taking about 4 months of otezla before my psoriasis completely cleared up . I understand that otezla may not be for you and am sure that there is a treatment which will help you . I don’t usually post but I felt I had to because of the dramatic improvement otezla gave me which as I say I don’t even realise I am taking it . But sadly others will get the side affects wishing you all the best

Posted Wed 21 Jun 2023 21.58 by Ld1609

Thank you so much for your reply. Amazing that Otezla has worked so well for you and with no side effects! I appreciate your reply. Leanne

To take part, sign in or register with us