Acitretin On Psoriasis.

Posted Mon 12 Jun 2023 08.18 by jaykowe

My Doctor prescribed me Acitretin 25mg for my Psoriasis. I had been using topical ointments on my Scalp, and Creams for my body Psoriasis. I am suffering from psoriasis since 7 Years. Can any one suggest on how Acitretin effects on Psoriasis and about side effects?

Posted Mon 12 Jun 2023 13.30 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Hi, acitretin is often the first of the systemic treatments dermatologists prescribe. The main benefit over others is that it isn't an immunosuppresent. It can be an effective treatment but from my experience and reading other patient reviews the treatment comes at a cast with many possible side effects. It can take a few months to see a significant change but sadly the side effects can also occur early.. You will need regular blood tests whilst on the drug. Good luck.

Posted Mon 12 Jun 2023 20.18 by Mandy

I've been on Acetretin for several months, though coming off it as now been approved to start imraldi injections. The main side effect I suffered was hair thining although mine is still growing its very fine and curly which it never was before. You do need monthly fasting blood tests whilst on this drug as it can affect your liver if taken longer term. Personally I've tolerated this pretty well, much better than ehen doc's tried me on cyclosporine which I had to come off of after 3 weeks because my blood pressure was going up. Hope Acetretin works for you

Posted Mon 12 Jun 2023 20.28 by mt382

I'm seeing a private dermo in a week's time and will be begging for this treatment. I'd also be interested in hearing all experiences - even if they're not negative. If people have tried it and it worked a bit with no major side effects that would be good to hear for balance.

To take part, sign in or register with us