Advice on treatments

Posted Sun 18 Jun 2023 21.44 by Sarah9597

My partner suffers with psoriasis - ears, knees but mainly on his stomach spreading to his back. He has had treatment in the past - creams, phototherapy at our local hospital & was told he’s only allowed a certain amount of hours in his lifetime of this. However it has flared up quite badly.. rapidly spreading, very red & sore looking whilst starting to slightly crack. We know this is never going to ‘go away’ however, before contacting gp again I thought I’d ask on here if anyone has found ‘magic’ creams or anything that has helped them personally that we can try out or suggest to gp to reduce redness & stall the spreading. He is incredibly self conscious being in his late 20s and suffering , especially as the warm weather has arrived and I hate he feels this way so want to help in anyway I can. Thanks all.

Posted Mon 19 Jun 2023 03.50 by Tobysgranny

I find the best treatment apart from photo therapy for me is Enstilar. It comes in an aerosol can and is very easy to apply, I also take a drug called Acetretin. Hope this is helpful

Posted Mon 19 Jun 2023 07.54 by Tracyjane

Hi, Enstilar is good but do be careful about the rebound effect. You have to seen yourself off it or it could cause a bigger flare. Is he under a dermatologist ? If not ask his doctor to be referred x

To take part, sign in or register with us