Do I continue taking folic acid when my treatment is paused?

Posted Thu 6 Jul 2023 17.43 by AaronJosh04
Aaron, 18, he/him. I've had psoriasis since I was 7 years old and I've tried a bunch of different treatments with varying success.

Hi, I've been on 25mg methotrexate injections for 2 months and I've been taking 5mg folic acid daily except injection days. After 2 months I've been having a lot of side effects and they seem to be getting worse so I've been trying to get in contact with my doctor all week and finally got a call back today. I've got an appointment booked in two weeks but he said that until the appointment I should pause my methotrexate injections. I forgot to ask about whether I'm still supposed to take the 5mg folic acid while the injections are paused, so I was hoping someone on here might know as it's been frustrating trying to get in touch with them in the first place and they're closed for the day now so it'd be a hassle to try and ask them personally.

Posted Thu 6 Jul 2023 18.36 by Tracyjane

Hi are you under a dermatologist x

Posted Sun 9 Jul 2023 12.01 by AaronJosh04
Aaron, 18, he/him. I've had psoriasis since I was 7 years old and I've tried a bunch of different treatments with varying success.

Yes sorry that's who I was referring to when I said I was contacting my doctor

To take part, sign in or register with us