Anybody else taking Sotyktu for their psoriasis?

Posted Wed 12 Jul 2023 19.04 by heartofmine2001

I’m a 21 year old female, first diagnosed with psoriasis at 16. Was in remission for 5+ years, up until I first noticed what I thought was eczema on my hands & feet the first week of June. It rapidly started spreading to 70% of my body & morphed into guttate /plaque psoriasis. After several fruitless rounds of steroids/steroid creams, shampoos, oils, etc. my doctor put me on Sotyktu Friday June 30th. I’ve been on it going on 2 weeks and couldn’t be happier with the results! I started noticing a difference after just 1 dose of the medication. The itchiness/scaling were the first symptoms to improve. Then the spots started becoming less red & more pink. And I see more changes every dose. This medication has been a life changer! Is anyone else on this medication? If so, what have your experiences been like? I will update periodically. Just curious to hear others’ experiences since there aren’t many testimonials due to how new the drug is.

Posted Wed 12 Jul 2023 19.10 by VARSHA P

Hi This is great. Can you please let us know if you are being offered this on Nhs. Thanks

Posted Sat 22 Jul 2023 15.54 by Shazza (edited Sat 22 Jul 2023 15.55 by Shazza)

My daughter is 25 and she’s had a flare up of psiorisis and it’s now turned into vitiligo and she’s so so depressed .. we paid for a private consultation and basically wasted our money and I don’t know what to do she’s on a list for light therapy but not till March 2024.. I’m at my wits end and it’s heartbreaking seeing her cry every day and watch this spreading .. I’ve bought her vitamins D3 but now she’s come out in spots on her face just lost what else to do …

Posted Sat 22 Jul 2023 16.07 by VARSHA P

Hi shazza Stay strong. Along with vitamin d take magnesium and vitamin k otherwise it will not work. Also take Turmeric Milk thistle Probiotic Cut on Gluten and diary. Stop all nightshade. Drink plenty of water.

Posted Sat 22 Jul 2023 16.34 by Shazza

Thank you it’s just heartbreaking her crying all of the time and won’t go anywhere .. doc’s not been much good just seem to fob her off but it’s getting worse …

Posted Sat 22 Jul 2023 16.48 by VARSHA P

I would suggest go for private just once and medication you can get through Nhs. Be strong yourself so you can give your daughter strength to fight this. Don't worry and try above recommendation as it will not clear but calm down a bit.

Posted Sat 22 Jul 2023 16.54 by Shazza

Thanks we paid for a private dermatologist and all he said was don’t cancel your appointment with nhs for light treatment ..

Posted Sat 5 Aug 2023 17.19 by Yacht

Any updates, heartofmine2001?

To take part, sign in or register with us