Acitretin - exhausted!

Posted Sun 16 Jul 2023 10.05 by mt382

Hi, I'm in day 4 of acitretin, 25mg. I am absolutely exhausted like I've been hit by a train. No other symptoms - eyes and lips aren't dry, no itching, no jaundice. But I have two toddlers and am struggling... I want to give this a real, decent try. Not least because I get to go onto biologics is I do and if they aren't tolerated/don't work. I'm just a trifle concerned because most of the hits when I Google Acitretin and unusual tiredness are for severe liver effects for which one should seek immediate help. Is fatigue a common side effect?

Posted Tue 18 Jul 2023 07.20 by mt382

Bump for response, but also to update - my plaques are suddenly peeling like a chemical burn and flattening! Insane - only day 5. Woot woot

Posted Tue 18 Jul 2023 17.12 by Lizzy340

Hi. I’m on day 15 of 20mg. I was worried about the side effects but so far only have a dry mouth, mild nausea and fatigue. I’ve just spent all afternoon asleep on the sofa! Luckily, I’m retired and don’t have toddlers! Maybe like most side effects it will ease in time. I’m seeing an improvement in my skin already so feeling hopeful. Good luck 🤞

Posted Thu 20 Jul 2023 21.09 by mt382

Thanks for your reply. I've been feeling horrible, fatigue, aches, dizziness, but my wife had a flu like illness last week so I'm hoping it's just that to be honest. Psoriasis response is insane so far! All of my plaques are spontaneously peeling off. Its still pink underneath but very smooth and soft. Already I'm happy with the improvement and I'm only 8 days in. I'm hoping that the inflammation dampens down and it clears in a week or two?

Posted Sun 3 Sep 2023 12.57 by Aaike
Have palmoplanter psoriasis

I've been on 20mg for 3 1/2 weeks and have seen excellent improvement of my palms and feet. My palms pealed after only 5 days. Side effects so far have been chapped lips and dry nose. The only worrying development I'd a circle of pustules about 6mm in diameter. I was told to appt steroid cream once daily but it has got worse. I have been sending photos to the dermatology dept. It has appeared on my inner liver arm. Has anyone else experienced unexplained rashes whilst taking Acitretin?

To take part, sign in or register with us