New to Psoriasis

Posted Tue 19 Jul 2016 09.44 by ali - 67 from Hampshire
I have Psoriasis and I think psa ,I’m 65now and think have had it about 5 yrs.

I'm Alison and 59 yrs old . I developed it in my scalp about a year ago, after working in a very stressful job. I also about 2 years ago developed Lichen Planus. Previous to this, I've never suffered any skin issues or allergies. I don't know if there is any connection? My scalp drives me crazy with the itching and spots/ patches all over, My scalp flakes skin all the times, it's like a carpet of skin cells waiting to fall off and I'm getting scared to wear anything but light clothing. I use Carpasal and skin creams on the body, but all others steroid based ones are very strong and greasy i e Dovobet, no good for my hair. I have not even been told which type of psoriasis I have. I went to Gp recently as I'm concerned it is the one related to arthritis. I have been told I have arthritis in my arms, hands. Recently (6months) I have got a lot of pain in my left foot which swells up over the front and got plantar fascilitis., my heel really hurts and one middle finger swells up and is very painful and can't close my hand properly. I seem to suffer the most in the early hours and on rising. I'm finding it very difficult to open things and putting my feet to the floor and walking is difficult early a.m. The gp was very vague about the results and told me to take buprofen, I just felt insulted as if making a fuss about nothing Any suggestions gratefully received.

Posted Thu 28 Jul 2016 23.47 by CurlyP

Hi I've only just been diagnosed, before that spend about a year using treatment for eczema coz another dr prescribed e45 & steroid cream felt like a failure as it wasn't working. Psoriasis on ankles elbows 1 hand and toes and scalp. Same here with flakey scaly red swollen skin, currently using calcipotriol for skin and scalp, lots of improvement. PS I'm 49

Posted Fri 29 Jul 2016 09.23 by Lorraine

Hi I'm new to psoriasis too. Diagnosed yesterday. No idea which variety I have. But it's on my chest and arms. Prescribed Betnovate cream. Any tips or advice would be gratefully received.

Posted Sat 30 Jul 2016 18.02 by ali - 67 from Hampshire
I have Psoriasis and I think psa ,I’m 65now and think have had it about 5 yrs.

Thanks for replies. I am now waiting for referral to rheumatologist.

Posted Tue 9 Aug 2016 22.57 by martinstevens270
Guttate psoriasis, flared up on 28/04/16

Hi Lorraine, Did your psoriasis develop about two weeks after a throat infection or tonsillitis, if so, then you may have guttate psoriasis. Another idea is to have a look at my website as it has all different types of psoriasis, with pics, so you could probably compare. Also you could read what worked with me to control it. Head to majaz dot co dot uk. My turning point with controlling guttate psoriasis and to stop the sleepless nights due to extreme itching was applying bucks vapour rub over me. Well that was a mistake as I was really cold, but it gave me hours of relief.

To take part, sign in or register with us