Guttate and plaque psoriasis

Posted Wed 6 Sep 2023 19.20 by jreed0498 (edited Wed 6 Sep 2023 19.27 by jreed0498)

In May 2022, after a bad infection with my wisdom tooth I started with guttate psoriasis, I didn’t think anything of it at first then after a couple of months my torso was suddenly covered with small, red itchy blotches.. I was diagnosed with guttate psoriasis, I tried several creams and replacement soaps to no avail. Then at the start of 2023 everything got a lot worse, I went to one of my monthly appointments and was told I also had plaque psoriasis. More creams and soaps followed but again no help. In September 2023 I’m now covered, plaque psoriasis down my arms and back and small red blotches from guttate psoriasis down my torso and legs. I’m considering a private dermatologist as I’m sick of paying for cream after cream and almost being fobbed off. All summer I’ve had to wear long sleeves and hide myself and it’s now spread to private parts of my body and is cause a lot of anxiety and distress. Im not one for forums but didn’t know where else to turn. Thanks guys.

Posted Thu 7 Sep 2023 11.58 by Nelly

Hi I would recommend going private, I paid to see a consultant and he recommended light therapy, it took 12months on the NHS waiting list but I am now half way through the treatment and it is an unbelievable improvement my psoriasis has almost cleared up so would definitely recommend. Good luck 👍

Posted Mon 18 Sep 2023 04.54 by lizziep

It sounds as though jreed0498 is already under a dermatologist or is it jsut your GP? .If it is your GP ask for a referral or go private as Nelly suggests. You need to ask them to help you more - you sound as though you have moved on from the point where creams and soaps help enough Light treatment certainly helps as does Enstilar foam and other things - the time has come to make a nuisance of yourself and tell them they must help you!

To take part, sign in or register with us