Is Enstilar

Posted Thu 13 Oct 2016 18.43 by Lebbob

After 4 weeks of gently using Enstilar I am feeling positive about it . The results are good ,as I use dovobet and demovate a day bruise or cut easily after many years of use . I am trying to cut all use of steroids as have had a good year this year being a lot freer of psoriasis .,I have had it for many years . My gp doesn't really understand it and has never examined me properly . I had to rely on my own steam to get results and medication .

Posted Mon 12 Mar 2018 10.46 by mappaman
I am Gary and have had this horrible condition for more than 25 years and I am still suffering now !

I have used this wonder spray since the 8th of December and so far it has been the best treatment I have ever used ! I have had this horrid horrid condition for nearly 30 years.

Posted Thu 23 Aug 2018 14.15 by Darren

I have recently tried this treatment and it works very well. The only difficulty was getting the doctor to prescribe it. I think its a cost issue to be honest. I was in Seville about a month ago and its really easy to buy over the counter for about 50Euros, so if you are having difficulties getting it you can get as much as you need from the large choice of pharmacies in Seville, I guess the whole of Spain. Actually I asked them how many could I have and they said as many as you want, they have small stocks but can get you more on a next day service.

Posted Thu 23 Aug 2018 16.15 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Sat 25 Aug 2018 09.09 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

@darren, I am not sure that it is simply, or always, a cost issue. My GP is very communicative with me and also very helpful to me. He has prescribed Dovobet in a large tube, when I asked for a repeat prescription in 2 tubes half the size (for my convenience) he had no problem agreeing, even though it increases the cost to the NHS (per item). I wanted a repeat of an ointment for another condition that is currently "off-licence" and the local pharmacy said he could not prescribe it because of the cost. It is the only thing that works for me - so he prescribed it anyway, and helped me find a pharmacy to supply it on the NHS. BUT when I asked him about Enstilar (he had prescribed Dovobet already for psoriasis on my body), he resisted prescribing it and would not do so. He switched medications that we were trying - but he was very reluctant to give me another steroid - mainly out of concern about steroid-rebound. I perservered with various non-steroid treatments for my scalp and although not yet 100% clear, I can now sleep without itching waking me, and there is no snowstorm if i ruffle my hair. I feel confident that had I seen no improvement, he would have later prescribed Enstilar for me.

Posted Fri 24 Aug 2018 18.07 by Emma_B

Hi, new in here. Found this site Googling Enstilar whilst still in the dermatologist's office (she had just stepped out!) Hoping it will be helpful for me. My skin went crazy earlier this year and the one patch I was able to manage ended up in multiple patches covering around a 3rd of my body. First application went on earlier. Definitely felt nicer than the steroid ointment I had been using (docs had me alternating betnovate and mometasone.) Hoping the days of greasing up like a Christmas turkey with Hydromol before bed will soon be done.

Posted Fri 5 Oct 2018 22.09 by Morgiporgi

I've been using it for awhile it works great but makes your hair and scalp oily for days worth it in my opinion

Posted Sat 6 Oct 2018 13.33 by Sarah2801

I have used Enstilar and its fantastic. I have a very bad scalp for which i use a coconut oil which i get from a gp but was reccomended from a dermatologist it totally removes the build up on the scalp it is very messy and you need to leave it on for hours but it is effective. I use this weekly to prevent any build up and i also use betacap once the coconut oil has removed the build up from my scalp. This could be useful for somebody out there i really hope so.

Posted Thu 28 Mar 2019 12.52 by Hollie07

Hi I was diagnosed with guttate psoriasis at Xmas and I’m still suffering now. Was given enstilar in Feb and it gets better and worse when I stop using it. Can’t get light treatment for 6 months and I’m not desperate. I’ve started going on the sunbeds because I’ve read that it can make it better. But I’m unsure as to whether to stop the enstilar. Also read that stopping enstilar can cause a rebound has anyone heard of this?

Posted Thu 28 Mar 2019 14.01 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Thu 28 Mar 2019 14.02 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Hollie07: any topical steroid CAN have a rebound effect. You can read more about it if you search the internet for "steroid rebound" or similar search terms. Some people seem to suffer from this more than others, and some steroid preparations seem to cause this to a greater degree than others. I am lucky in that over the past 40 years I have never experienced a pronounced rebound effect. My psoriasis HAS returned, but not in days or immediately after stopping treatment with steroid, and not any worse than it was before. Some people have reported that they have gradually reduced the useage of a steroid such as enstillar, rather than just stopping it in a single step, and that has seemed to reduce the rebound effect. It might be worth discussing this with your doctor/dermatologist. Good luck.

Posted Sat 30 Mar 2019 23.33 by Shazz

Having attended dermatologist. Prescribed Enstillar. Used it. My experience with it. Its sticky. I hate anything on my hands. So have to wash. The rest of my body, unsure. Only thing that worked was Diprosalic. But... Can only use for a week

Posted Sun 31 Mar 2019 16.49 by Gopher680

Having been on Enstillar for over a year now, I have found that you do not need to apply it so that it foams, as instructed on the can, I only very lightly spray it on after my shower at night, I also only use it for a couple of weeks on and a couple of weeks off hope this helps 👍👍👍

To take part, sign in or register with us