SURGERY CANCELLED

Posted Tue 9 Jan 2024 12.27 by Robyn

Hello. I was supposed to be having a total hip replacement yesterday! I was seconds away from theatre and it was cancelled due to my psoriasis. It was guttate but seems to have formed into plaque. Spoke to an on call dermatologist and they gave me dovobet. Does anyone have any tips on how to get rid of this asap? As I am absolutely crippled with pain in my hip, on crutches and unable to work due to it! Would take any sort of advice right now. I’m absolutely gutted! Thanks :)

Posted Tue 9 Jan 2024 14.48 by Summer

I’m sorry to here this Robyn Dovobet didn’t help me, other creams and tablets didn’t work The only thing that’s worked for me and I was clear of Guttate psoriasis in 3 weeks was biologics Cosentyx injections But you may respond better with what your dermatologist is offering, 🤞🏼 If you’re not getting the results you need for your operation to go ahead Push hard for the biologics, it’s all down to costing 👎🏼 You can’t stay in such pain, when there is something out there to put you right Very best wishes and I hope you get your operation soon

Posted Sun 14 Jan 2024 12.58 by lizziep

it seems really harsh to cancel your surgery because of your psoriasis. I can't see any logic in it. Psoriasis is chronic and common.

To take part, sign in or register with us