Eliminated lectins, cured leaky gut - no more psoriasis

2 Posted Thu 18 Jan 2024 20.40 by Lyn Smith

I had mild psoriasis on arms, knees and in my hair for 15yrs. I always felt it was connected to my diet. I read about leaky gut (Dr Steven Gundry) and toxins causing psoriasis. He claimed you can cure leaky gut with pre and pro biotics, natural foods, no processed food and by eliminating lectins and cure many other issues including psoriasis. IT HAS WORKED FOR ME VERY QUICKLY. I appreciate its different for everyone but mine has gone in two weeks!!! Please try it. I was eating all the ‘healthy’ foods, pulses, potatoes, brown rice, lentils, beans, tomatoes, aubergines. I’ve eliminated them and my psoriasis has gone. I’m now slowly introducing them now my leaky gut has repaired and seeing what level of them I can tolerate. I’m so happy, please read about it and try it.

Posted Thu 18 Jan 2024 23.31 by PJ

Us psoriasis sufferers are sitting ducks for charlatans promoting miracle cures. So be careful. Gundry’s theory has been described as pseudoscience. And of course the cure is facilitated the diet/nutrition pills he sells. Handy that.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 2024 05.55 by Lyn Smith

Thank you,, you are right we are all sitting ducks which is why I say it’s different for everyone but that it has worked for me. I read the information online and have not bought any of his products at all. I am sharing my experience so other sufferers can try it for free and have some relief.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 2024 16.54 by PrincessDi

I have often heard and read that many auto immune diseases are related to your diet. I have read we psoriasis sufferers are to stay away from what's considered the night shades like tomatoes and peppers. I love to eat but have been thinking of a more mediterranean style with more fish etc. Thinking being the key word there. I had a bout of IBS years ago and am thinking that's all gut related. I'm glad this has worked for you and maybe the information shared will benefit others as well. We are a desperate group of folks definitely willing to do just about anything to get rid of this horrible disease.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 2024 20.03 by Lyn Smith

I agree we will try anything and like I said, I read about it online and it hasn’t cost me anything. It’s not easy initially but it’s definitely been worth it for me. Let me know if you have any luck or if I can help. All the best 👍🏻

Posted Thu 1 Feb 2024 09.26 by Acrazydoglady (edited Thu 1 Feb 2024 09.30 by Acrazydoglady)

Oh wow this is incredibly fascinating & such wonderful news Lyn! As I'm 100% convinced my psoriasis is gut related too & it's all about us looking into finding the right plugs for our own personal leaks - which is why everyone's journey has to be personal to them and it's great inspiration for those of us who have not had success with our current diets. I've done so many different diets & they have helped somewhat, but I still get flare ups - to me this just means you still haven't found the right combination that works for you. Plus I appear to have found my very own plug too, & am 97% clear. As I did the Hannah Sillitoe approach along with her expensive probiotic for 6 months & it was somewhat lectin (legumes & beans) focused to me, and did absolutely nothing for me. Although I know a lot of people have had success with it too. I got diagnosed prediabetic |(please note I am an exception to the rule as my BMI has never been higher than 21.5) shortly afterwards, and was told to avoid starchy legumes & beans. Would tempeh & tofu therefore be excluded from this approach?! Thank you so much for sharing - as for those of us who are willing to trial things, as there's just insufficient psoriasis research, I'm more than happy to be a human guinea pig too x

1 Posted Fri 2 Feb 2024 18.28 by mt382

Hmmmm. Of course, the nightshade thing has been around on forums as long as they've existed. I don't think it's backed by the research, and you'd THINK if it was as simple as that, society would know that that's how psoriasis is resolved. Think lactose intolerance, coeliac disease, diet based issues are quite easy to identify. Elimination diets pursued out of (absolutely understandable desperation) really worry me, as it starts with tomatoes, and your skin coincidentally improves anyway. Then later it comes back... but you're still not eating tomatoes. You read online it could be wheat, so you cut that out. A few months later you improve anyway, yay. It's wheat snd tomatoes, then it comes back - well they are both sprayed eith the same pesticide- so that plus 20 other crops are out! One things for sure - a heavily varied plant based diet, with low body fat, really healthy liver is great flr psoriasis

Posted Fri 2 Feb 2024 20.31 by Lyn Smith

I’m not suggesting eliminating forever. I am suggesting that due to “leaky gut” some people are less tolerant of certain food groups. You can try eliminating them,,repairing your gut health and then reintroducing the groups at a level your body can tolerate. I hope this helps. Of course it’s different for everyone as we are all individuals.

1 Posted Sun 28 Apr 2024 18.50 by Oceanblue70

I too believe it is diet related, but in this sense, we damage our gut by eating way to much processed food. A weakened gut equals a compromised immune system which goes rogue kicks off at a food or foods we eat (which each individual needs to try to find out), these are our personal triggers causing the immune system to attack the body causing a autoimmune condition. I had my first small flare up 6years ago at the back of my neck in the hairline. Didn't go to the doctors my sisterinlaw noticed it and gave me some cream. I applied the cream for a few days and it disappeared. The cream was Hydrocortisone (prescribed to her) In November/23 it came back and is now all over my body. I haven't gone to to the Doctors yet and I'm not sure if I'm going to. Though there are number of tests that I want, some of which I may be able to get on the NHS which would save a few quid. The first test I'm getting is to see if I have a leaky gut. I have not addressed my psoriasis atall no creams, supplements or diet alterations as I do not want compromise the various tests that I will be having. I will check out Dr Steve Gundry. Thank You Lyn for the info.

To take part, sign in or register with us