OLDER MALE SUDDEN ONSET:

Posted Thu 18 Aug 2016 19.48 by petelab
A lucky chap having lived a long happy life doing many countryside persuits.

I am a Glaucoma victim having had a successful op right eye some 4 years ago following allergic reactions to many controlling drops and that op obviated further use of meds in that eye. Meds I suspect bought on psoriasis? I now however am experiencing similar problems with my left eye - even worse than before- when I was introduced to radical powerful drops. This bought on damage to my eye skin which in turn allowed a nasty and well established infection in that eye which needed anti malarial antibiotics to stem that whilst stopping he drops allowed healing (for 3 months) to begin. Now at around that time an odd itchy rash started upon the back of my legs. I am a 24/7 carer for my disabled wife and with not being able to drive the Motability car it was traumatic and costly with Taxi's everywhere. My eventual referral to Dermatology revealed Psoriasis probably bought on by the stress of the onset of the traumas one upon another! Wife contracted a Torticollis (Neck muscle tear just after my troubles began, I had an ear infection, a parking ticket when I could drive again by an over zealous Warden and a broken windscreen the same day! So does all this echo with any other sufferers I wonder? It has cleared now from my arms 3 weeks on, easier on my back but upon my legs very angry inflammation and the raised spots also, especially pm each day with boil-like eruptions around the inflamed areas. Anything including water has up until now caused a burning sensation. I had stopped the emollient cream for now on the advise of the clinic nurse and E45 seems to be calming that down. Little or no change. My eye operation and no drops, I have determined, must take precedence so how this may impact upon future skin meds and treatments [were the initial meds fail] I worry about. My wife and I are frequently depressed but we have 'safety bunkers' such as cafes, restaurants and a Canal Marina to escape to and chill. That does work for us thankfully. My regards to all that may also suffer and have the patience to read of an otherwise bright and gregarious 73 year old awaiting relative normality, whatever that may be!

To take part, sign in or register with us