Palmoplanter Psoriasis

Posted Sat 18 May 2024 02.55 by blondiemagie@yahoo.com

I have been diagnosed with Palmoplanter psoriasis. It began with pustules on my hands and feet. If they pop, they itch and burn and the peeling skin spreads outwards from that area. If they are left alone, they turn to brown spots that resemble freckles. I tried Taltz injections for 9 months, but it didn’t show improvement. My doctor changed me to Trimfya. Then I got a patch of psoriasis on the crown of my head and my hands and feet started getting plaques or rough thick patches. Does anyone have any experience with this type of psoriasis? If so, what has helped. I am about a year into this diagnosis and have not gotten any relief.

Posted Sat 18 May 2024 08.14 by Pippin

Good morning, I got psoriasis all over my body about 2 months after having the 3 covid vaccines. I was overwhelmed with it and paid to see a dermatologist, after a biopsy it was confirmed to be psoriasis. I have had 2 sessions of photo therapy over the last 2 years and both times the treatment was successful. The psoriasis seems to return after about 9 months. This year in January I started to get very sore feet and itchy hands and then after a very short time I was in so much pain with my feet I managed to get an appointment with my dermatologist who immediately referred me to the photo therapy unit and as soon as the treatment started my feet started to recover I have to add that I have never experienced so much pain in my feet I have lost 5 toenails so far and expect to lose more. If I were you I would ask my doctor to referrer you to the dermatologist and have photo therapy I know it might not work for everyone but I am so grateful for being given this treatment it is a life saver, I still have more treatment to come it's about a 12 week course twice a week. I really hope you can get the help you need, best wishes, Pip

To take part, sign in or register with us