Manuka barrier cream/medihoney

Posted Mon 19 Sep 2016 13.27 by charlotte
pustular psoriasis

I've been using manuka honey for about 10 weeks. The brand I use is called "media honey" and is used by NHS nurses to heal wounds that are difficult to treat and to keep them dry. I use very little on my palms and feet after showering each evening, and I have experienced an overnight improvement. I am astonished by the almost instantaneous effect that has made my psoriasis not only manageable but also enhanced it. This treatment had no side effects. I would urge all people with psoriasis to try this and if it is effective would prove less expensive and of course harmless when compared to potentially harmful localised creams. I personally believe a study of manuka and its effectiveness against psoriasis would be a good study trial. My next plan is to purchase pure high grade manuka honey that can be ingested. I plan to take 1 tea spoon a day. Of course the medi honey is only for rubbing the affected skin and NOT for internal use. (Always read the leaflet enclosed with the medihoney product).

Posted Mon 19 Sep 2016 20.39 by PAsufferer

I use propolis cream which I'd made from 100% bee propolis. So honey definitely works!!

Posted Mon 19 Sep 2016 23.12 by Susan

I have manuka honey in my cupboard, I'll try anything to help calm this flair up :(

Posted Tue 20 Sep 2016 13.17 by PAsufferer

I would definitely try the propolis cream. It's my saviour

To take part, sign in or register with us